At an intermediate level of proficiency, this position is primarily responsible for reviewing, analyzing, and reconciling financial data to ensure accurate recording of the FHLBank's transactions including preparing various journal entries and reconciling subsidiary ledgers and various accounts for general accounting operations, and accounts payable and cash disbursements. Provides secondary support, including reconciliations for the mortgage loan accounting and investment, debt and derivatives accounting areas. Requires a significant level of judgment and interpretation of FHLBank's daily transactions, account coding and expense vs. capitalized process. Assists with research, maintenance and/or system testing of the Workday application.
- Three to five years of similar or related experience.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or four-year degree plus equivalent work experience is required.
- CPA, CMA, or CIDA certificate and/or MBA or MAcc is preferred.
- At least three years of financial accounting experience is preferred either: (1) within the financial services industry, or (2) a public accounting firm.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and theories is required.
- Knowledge of complex investments, issued debt and derivatives is preferred.
- Knowledge of mortgage loan accounting is preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with MS Office products and accounting software applications.
- Knowledge of appropriate internal controls.
- Efficient 10-key operations. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to work independently and operate all types of office equipment.
FHLBank offers an attractive benefit package including health & dental insurance, 401(k) with company match, a short-term incentive plan, student loan repayment assistance, onsite fitness center with shower facilities and much more.
Find more details & apply online: fhlbtopeka.com/careers
FHLBank Topeka's products and services help our member financial institutions support affordable housing and community development efforts across the Midwest. We have been headquartered in Topeka, Kansas, since 1932.
FHLBank is an equal opportunity employer. We accept all people, celebrate diversity and promote an inclusive workplace.
Location/Region: Topeka, KS