The individual in this position develops and executes FHLBank's short-term investment strategies, such as overnight Federal funds, Reverse Repurchase Agreements, Repurchase Agreements and short-term money market investments; manages FHLBank's daily cash flows to meet member liquidity demands and debt servicing obligation deadlines with the Office of Finance; serves as a back up to the Portfolio Manager for liquidity-related investment transactions; and supports the overall liquidity strategy of FHLBank.
What qualifications are needed?
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
- Three to five years of similar or related experience.
- Experience in related trading activity is preferred.
- Problem-solving skills are required; problems can be highly-complex with a high degree of expediency and accuracy required in their resolution.
- Courtesy, tact, and diplomacy are essential elements of the job.
- Ability to effectively express ideas orally and in writing, prepare business correspondence, summarize complex reports, write procedures, and interpret policies and regulations.
- Knowledge of security interest computations.
- Experience with MS Office applications including Word, Access and Excel.
- Ability to work the number of hours required to meet the demands of the job.
- Ability to independently operating all general office equipment.
FHLBank offers an attractive benefit package including health & dental insurance, 401(k) with company match, a short-term incentive plan, student loan repayment assistance, onsite fitness center with shower facilities and much more.
Find more details & apply online: fhlbtopeka.com/careers
FHLBank Topeka's products and services help our member financial institutions support affordable housing and community development efforts across the Midwest. We have been headquartered in Topeka, Kansas, since 1932.
FHLBank is an equal opportunity employer. We accept all people, celebrate diversity and promote an inclusive workplace.
Location/Region: Topeka, KS