Department: Planning & Dev Svc
Starting Salary Range: $68,007 to $83,785 Annually D.O.Q.
Deadline/Start Date: Open Until Filled
The Project Engineer will assist with the planning, management, and oversight of a variety of engineering projects associated with City infrastructure and facilities.
This position will provide highly responsible and complex administrative and technical support. Key responsibilities include review of engineering plans and specifications, review of contract documents and cost estimates, development plan review, and construction management. Experience with water/wastewater treatment, environmental remediation, or transportation projects is a plus.
At minimum, requires:
- Bachelors degree or equivalent with major course work in engineering, construction management, or a related field;
- Three plus years of increasingly responsible engineering and project management experience in projects directly related to infrastructure management (water, wastewater, storm water, or transportation projects), CIP planning, and/or subdivision development and site planning; and
- State recognition as an EIT, having passed the FE exam. Additional experience and education may be considered in place of the EIT certification.
- Senior Project Engineer: Must have possession of, or obtain by date of hire, a valid Certificate of Registration as a Professional Engineer (P.E.) from the State of Kansas.
- The ideal candidate will have exceptional interpersonal and communication skills to effectively communicate with a diverse group of people.
- Desire working experience with MS Office, AutoCAD, and GIS software.
- The successful candidate must have a valid drivers license and pass a post-offer City physical and drug screen.
- Health/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance: Various dependent on coverage levels available; FREE Well Care Clinic through LMH; free/discounted gym memberships, other wellness benefits/perks
- Paid Time Off: 12 Vacation days, 12 Sick days accrued per year; 2 days Personal Leave, 9 Paid Holidays
- Retirement: Kansas Public Employees Retirement System (KPERS)
OPEN UNTIL FILLED
*The City of Lawrence is pleased to provide an online application process. If you do not have access to a home computer to submit an application, computer access is available at public libraries, the Lawrence Workforce Center or City Hall, Human Resources.
Human Resources Department
City of Lawrence, Kansas
City Hall, 2nd Floor 6 East 6th Street,
PO Box 708 Lawrence, Kansas 66044
Toll Free: (800) 444-8321
Phone: (785) 832-3203
Fax: (785) 832-3228
Employment Information Line: (785) 832-3333
City of Lawrence, Kansas Web Page: www.LawrenceKs.org
We consider applicants for all positions regardless of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, age, ancestry, sexual orientation or disability.
Location/Region: Lawrence, KS