CITY MANAGER'S OFFICE- HUMAN RESOURCES DIVISION
STARTING SALARY RANGE: $21.54 TO $23.69/HR., (DOQ)
FULL SALARY RANGE: $21.54 TO $31.23/HR
This position will perform a variety of responsible and confidential administrative work in the support of the Human Resources Division. This position acts as initial service contact point to assist employees and citizens with front-line Human Resources questions received via email, telephone and walk-in traffic, as well as responsible for opening the HR office in the mornings. Duties include providing administrative support for benefits programs and general HR office support; enroll/withdraw employees from City benefits programs; heavy emphasis on invoice processing; and occasional FMLA paperwork processing. Additional responsibilities include routine clerical work as needed: maintaining files and employee records, maintain accurate record keeping systems, ordering office supplies, and entering data into systems.
- Equivalent to high school diploma with one to two years' experience in Human Resources, Finance, or related field.
- Excellent communication, customer service, attention to detail, and multi-tasking skills are required.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related field preferred.
- Successful candidate must also have the ability to work independently with little supervision and directly with stakeholders in a positive, helpful manner.
- Strong typing and data entry skills are needed, along with proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Word, Outlook); experience with payroll or benefits administration programs is preferred.
- Must have a valid driver's license and pass a background check, post-offer physical, and drug screen.
- Health/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance: Various dependent on coverage levels available; FREE Well Care Clinic through LMH; free/discounted gym memberships, other wellness benefits/perks
- Paid Time Off: 12 Vacation days, 12 Sick days accrued per year; 2 days Personal Leave, 9 Paid Holidays
- Retirement: Kansas Public Employees Retirement System (KPERS)
MUST SUBMIT ONLINE APPLICATION BY: Monday, February 3, 2020 WWW.LAWRENCEKS.ORG/JOBS
*The City of Lawrence is pleased to provide an online application process. If you do not have access to a home computer to submit an application, computer access is available at public libraries, the Lawrence Workforce Center or City Hall, Human Resources.
Human Resources Department
City of Lawrence, Kansas
City Hall, 2nd Floor 6 East 6th Street,
PO Box 708 Lawrence, Kansas 66044
Toll Free: (800) 444-8321
Phone: (785) 832-3203
Fax: (785) 832-3228
Employment Information Line: (785) 832-3333
City of Lawrence, Kansas Web Page: www.LawrenceKs.org
We consider applicants for all positions regardless of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, age, ancestry, sexual orientation or disability.
Location/Region: Lawrence, KS