Department: Parks & Recreation
Position: Customer Service Representative
Status: Full Time - Non-Exempt
Starting Range: $32,222 - $40,278 ($15.50/hour - $19.36/hour)
Closing Date: First Review of Resumes January 20, 2020
SUMMARY OF POSITION INFORMATION & TYPICAL DUTIES
- In preparation for our new 66,000 square foot community center with indoor/outdoor aquatics, the Parks and Recreation Department is seeking an energetic, self-motivated Customer Service Representative to perform the daily customer service activities of the community center and provide overall support to the Parks and Recreation Department.
- Construction of the new community center is currently on schedule and we plan to open summer of 2020.
- The successful candidate will assist external and internal customers with a variety of inquiries and requests, including facility amenities, membership sales and program registration.
- They will also provide a variety of routine clerical, secretarial, and administrative support work for the Director, Assistant Director, and other Department staff as needed.
- This position will also assist with the general day-to-day supervision over facility attendants, child watch attendants, and building and program attendants.
- Job responsibilities will include other duties deemed necessary and as assigned.
- NOTE: The regular work schedule for this position is Monday through Friday from 1 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Graduated from high school or GED equivalent;
- One (1) year administrative support work experience;
- six (6) months experience working directly with the public in the customer service field;
- Any combination of equivalent education or experience may be applied toward the minimum qualifications;
- Current certification in American Red Cross CPR/AED and First Aid or ability to obtain one; and
- Availability to work Monday through Friday from 1 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Qualified applicants may apply online at www.merriam.org under the Jobs link located at the bottom of the webpage.
- Please enter all prior work history when applying.
- Resumes and cover letters can also be uploaded when completing your online application.
EOE/ADA/Drug Screen. If reasonable accommodation is necessary to apply, or to request a full job description, contact Human Resources, firstname.lastname@example.org, Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm.
No phone calls please. A complete job description is available upon request by emailing email@example.com
Location/Region: Merriam, KS