INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY DEPARTMENT
STARTING SALARY RANGE: $85,309 TO $93,839 ANNUALLY, (DOQ)
Security Architect role is to provide vision and leadership for developing and supporting security initiatives and directs the planning and implementation of enterprise security for information technology systems, business operations, and defenses against security breaches and vulnerability issues. Duties include the deployment, integration, and initial configuration of security devices and systems. Enhancements to existing security solutions in accordance with standard best operating procedures, assessment and auditing of security controls. Position is responsible for the organizations technology security policies, procedures, practices, and standards and the daily security monitoring and analysis of city-wide technology security measures.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in Security or Technology related field. Experience may be substituted for a portion of the education.
- CISCO, CISSP, CISA, and CISM certifications and successful completion of Cisco authorized training courses and other technology and security training courses highly preferred.
- Ten (10) years' experience participating in the installation, configuration, and support of network and security systems, including firewalls, servers and workstations; Five (5) to years' experience working with, or leading a cyber-security program.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and pass a City background check and drug screen.
- Health/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance: Various dependent on coverage levels available; FREE Well Care Clinic through LMH; free/discounted gym memberships, other wellness benefits/perks
- Paid Time Off: 12 Vacation days, 12 Sick days accrued per year; 2 days Personal Leave, 9 Paid Holidays
- Retirement: Kansas Public Employees Retirement System (KPERS)
MUST SUBMIT ONLINE APPLICATION
Application Review BEGINS Monday, December 2nd, 2019
OPEN UNTIL FILLED
*The City of Lawrence is pleased to provide an online application process. If you do not have access to a home computer to submit an application, computer access is available at public libraries, the Lawrence Workforce Center or City Hall, Human Resources.
Human Resources Department
City of Lawrence, Kansas
City Hall, 2nd Floor 6 East 6th Street,
PO Box 708
Lawrence, Kansas 66044
Toll Free: (800) 444-8321
Phone: (785) 832-3203
Fax: (785) 832-3228
Employment Information Line: (785) 832-3333
City of Lawrence, Kansas
Web Page: www.LawrenceKs.org
We consider applicants for all positions regardless of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, age, ancestry, sexual orientation or disability.
Location/Region: Lawrence, KS