STARTING SALARY: $19.58 TO $21.54 HOURLY; DOQ
FULL SALARY RANGE: $19.58 TO $28.39 HOURLY
This position performs accounting clerical work in accounts payable, purchasing, accounts receivable, billing and collections for an assigned department; to assist in the maintenance of related accounting information for suppliers and vendors, customers, collections agencies, and Finance staff; and to provide clerical support to department or division staff.
- Equivalent to completion of the twelfth grade required.
- Associate's degree in accounting, finance, or business administration preferred.
- This position requires at least two years' increasingly responsible clerical or related experience with strong working knowledge of MS Office to include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access; experience with data entry equipment and financial systems preferred.
- Excellent customer service and conflict resolution skills, strong communication skills, excellent attention to detail and ability to multi-task are critical in this role.
- Individual must be highly autonomous and self-motivated, with the ability to work effectively without direct supervision.
- Applicants selected for an interview will be required to pass a 40 WPM-typing test.
- The successful candidate must pass an extensive background check and post-offer City physical and drug screen.
- Health/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance: Various dependent on coverage levels available; FREE Well Care Clinic through LMH; free/discounted gym memberships, other wellness benefits/perks
- Paid Time Off: 12 Vacation days, 12 Sick days accrued per year; 2 days Personal Leave, 9 Paid Holidays
- Retirement: Kansas Public Employees Retirement System (KPERS)
MUST SUBMIT ONLINE APPLICATION
Friday, December 6, 2019
*The City of Lawrence is pleased to provide an online application process. If you do not have access to a home computer to submit an application, computer access is available at public libraries, the Lawrence Workforce Center or City Hall, Human Resources. Human Resources Department City of Lawrence, Kansas City Hall, 2nd Floor 6 East 6th Street, PO Box 708 Lawrence, Kansas 66044 Toll Free: (800) 444-8321 Phone: (785) 832-3203 Fax: (785) 832-3228 Employment Information Line: (785) 832-3333 E-Mail: HumanResources@lawrenceks.org City of Lawrence, Kansas Web Page: www.LawrenceKs.org We consider applicants for all positions regardless of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, age, ancestry, sexual orientation or disability.
Location/Region: Lawrence, KS