Department: Parks & Recreation
Position: Aquatic Coordinator
Status: Full Time - Non-Exempt
Starting Range: $36,079 - $39,700 ($17.35/hour - $19.09/hour)
Closing Date: First Review of Resumes November 18, 2019
SUMMARY OF POSITION INFORMATION & TYPICAL DUTIES
In preparation for our new 66,000 square foot community center with indoor/outdoor aquatics, the Parks and Recreation Department is seeking an energetic, self-motivated Aquatic Coordinator to perform a variety of technical, professional and administrative duties in year-round operation of our aquatic facilities. Construction of the new community center is currently on schedule and we plan to open summer of 2020.
The successful incumbent will plan and organize staff workload and assignments; interview, hire, schedule, train, motivate and evaluate assigned staff; and administer and enforce pool patron procedures. Employee will also monitor the chemical feeder and test water for proper chemical balance, add chemicals to maintain proper swimming conditions and monitor filters performing backwashing duties. Responsible for other duties deemed necessary and as assigned. This is a new position that will exercise supervision over lifeguards, head lifeguards, slide and concession attendants, coaches, and patrons.
- Graduated from an accredited college or university with a bachelor's degree in Recreation, Park Resources, or Recreation Leisure Service;
- 2 years related experience working in aquatics, with 1 year of lead or supervisory experience;
- Current American Red Cross Lifeguard Instructor Certification, or ability to obtain one;
- Current certification in American Red Cross CPR/AED and First Aid for the Professional Rescuer or ability to obtain one;
- Licensed Pool Operator designation or ability to obtain one;
- Current Aquatic Facility Operator certification and/or Certified Pool Operator designation or ability to obtain one;
- Certified Park and Recreation Professional designation or ability to obtain one within one year of hire;
- Valid Driver's License or ability to obtain one.
Qualified applicants may apply online at www.merriam.org under the Jobs link located at the bottom of the webpage. Please enter all prior work history when applying.
Resumes and cover letters can also be uploaded when completing your online application. EOE/ADA/Drug Screen.
If reasonable accommodation is necessary to apply, or to request a full job description, contact Sari Maple, Human Resources, firstname.lastname@example.org, Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm. No phone calls please.
A complete job description is available upon request by emailing email@example.com.
Location/Region: Merriam, KS