Full-time, salaried position with benefits.
Fields & Ivy Brewery
706 E 23rd St
Lawrence, KS 66046
- This is an opportunity to be an integral member of a successful concept preparing and serving fresh, local cuisine, with a modern approach.
- Fields & Ivy Brewery also features a 20-barrel production brewery making amazing craft beer and crafted cocktail & wine programs in a new kitchen and beautifully designed space including a 60-seat beer garden.
- We are seeking professional, motivated employees with attention to detail and the energy to help build a restaurant from the ground up.
Responsibilities and duties include but are not limited to:
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- Supervision and training for activities of all back of house staff members including dish, receiving, storing, prepping, and cooking
- Assisting Chef in developing new menu concepts; developing, testing, and costing out new menu items
- Maintaining updated and accurate recipes and costing for all dishes
- Overseeing methods of preparation, portion sizes, and timeliness of food preparation; control food and usage to minimize waste
- Maintaining the cleanliness of the kitchen area
- Promoting teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with the rest of the restaurant
- Assisting Chef in sourcing supplies and equipment to ensure best quality and pricing
- Planning, assigning, and coordinating work for Line Cooks
- Supplying recipes for, and suggesting methods and procedures to Line Cooks
- Maintaining accurate and detailed production records
- Utilizing effective internal communications, including meetings with team members to ensure optimum teamwork and productivity
- Participating in preparing food items on the line for service
- 3+ years cooking experience 1 year in a supervisory role, overseeing food production in a full-service restaurant
- Graduate from an accredited culinary institution or similar
- Ability to demonstrate leadership skills; inspires and motivates others to perform well
- Clear, strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to create and present verbal and written presentations
- Strong organizational skills
- Understanding local health and safety requirements; ability to ensure that Department of Health standards are upheld
- Strong knowledge of food preparation methods and culinary terminology
- Capable of working independently and in a team environment; balances team and individual responsibilities
- Proficient in Restaurant Operating Systems, ie: Toast, time keeping systems
- Ability to work nights, weekends, holidays
- Capability to stand for prolonged periods of time
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that are to be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear and taste or smell.
- The employee is frequently required to walk.
- The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch.
- The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The statements in this job description are intended to describe the essential nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be ALL responsibilities or qualifications of the job.
- Please submit current resume.
- Download application at www.fieldsandivy.com
- Submit to: email@example.com
EOE - Drug-Free Work Environment
Location/Region: Lawrence, KS