LAWRENCE PARKS & RECREATION DEPARTMENT STARTING SALARY: $25.43 TO $27.97/HR., (DOQ) FULL SALARY RANGE: $25.43 TO $36.87/ HR.
This position will perform highly technical inspection and engineering duties for public impr
ovements (streets, sidewalks, waterline and sanitary sewer line projects), major capital projects, maintenance activities, and right-of-way.
Other key responsibilities are to ensure and document site compliance, administer and monitor contracts, prepare and review plans and specifications, and verify pay estimates.
This position will also be responsible for performing a variety of technical tasks relative to the services and operations of the Department.
The inspector position will use a variety of technology to support the work efforts, including computers, inspection software, and GPS equipment.
- Equivalent to completion of the 12th Grade, supplemented with training in civil engineering technology or a related field.
- At least one year of drafting or technical engineering experience preferred and/or a minimum of 2 years' experience directly related to installation or construction of street infrastructure, water/wastewater pipeline or operation of wastewater collection/water distribution systems.
- The ideal candidate will have professional certifications relevant to engineering and construction inspection.
- Must possess a valid Kansas driver's license.
- The successful candidate must pass the background check, post-offer City physical and drug screen.
BENEFITS: Health/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance: Various dependent on coverage levels available; FREE Well Care Clinic through LMH; free/discounted gym memberships, other wellness benefits/perks Paid Time Off: 12 Vacation days, 12 Sick days accrued per year; 2 days Personal Leave, 9 Paid Holidays Retirement: Kansas Public Employees Retirement System (KPERS)
MUST SUBMIT ONLINE APPLICATION BY: Friday, September 6, 2019
Click on APPLY or go to WWW.LAWRENCEKS.ORG/JOBS
*The City of Lawrence is pleased to provide an online application process*
If you do not have access to a home computer to submit an application, computer access is available at public libraries, the Lawrence Workforce Center or City Hall, Human Resources.
Human Resources Department City of Lawrence, Kansas City Hall, 2nd Floor 6 East 6th Street, PO Box 708 Lawrence, Kansas 66044 Toll Free: (800) 444-8321 Phone: (785) 832-3203 Fax: (785) 832-3228 Employment Information Line: (785) 832-3333 E-Mail: HumanResources@lawrenceks.org City of Lawrence, Kansas Web Page: www.LawrenceKs.org
We consider applicants for all positions regardless of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, age, ancestry, sexual orientation or disability.
Location/Region: Lawrence, KS