Are you looking for a meaningful new opportunity in a professional business environment? We are seeking a highly organized, detailed and thorough professional to join our team as a Senior Accounts Payable specialist. In this position, you will be responsible for all aspects of the payable process from receipt of an invoice through approval and payment. You'll be ensuring timely data entry of invoices, payment to vendors, research of credit memos, and the annual submission of 1099 forms. You will also maintain the non-KU Bookstore vendor files and will be in charge of sales and use tax calculations and processing of corporate credit card statements. You should be capable of providing information as necessary for buyers, accounting manager, and CFO's to use in planning, budgeting, and problem resolution. If you are a dedicated, applicant who is passionate about accounting you may be able to fill this integral role within our business office.
1. Utilizing Perceptive Content Digital Document Imaging software, this position is responsible for scanning, routing, verifying approval and general ledger coding of all non-KU Bookstore invoices and backup documentation. This includes all requests for payment for Administration, KU Dining Services, Buildings and Event Services and Marketing Media and Programs departments and other requests as needed. Manages appropriate access to Perceptive Content for approvers and works with our Information Technology department to maintain accurate and appropriate digital workflows. Works with IT to troubleshoot data errors or omissions in the document imaging files. Also maintains the data entered for each invoice in Perceptive Content. Including Vendor Number, Accounts number, Check number and Invoice/Payment dates. Verifies data consistency across relevant softwares.
2. Enters invoices for payment in NetSuite Financial Management software. Utilizes the tools and features available to ensure that all data is correct and complete. Writes and runs necessary reports in NetSuite on an as needed basis. Utilizes NetSuite data upload and download functions to improve productivity. Makes suggestions and looks for efficiency opportunities in the Financial Management system.
3. Using Perceptive Content, ensures that all non- KU Bookstore requests contain appropriate documentation and digital authorizations for payment. Digitally routes all payment requests of non-inventory items of $10,000 or more as well as all Capital Expenditure invoices to the CFO for audit purposes. Actively looks for ways to improve efficiency in use of paper to minimize costs and waste.
4. Using available data analysis NetSuite tools, determines what bills should be paid every week. Pulls appropriate data fields into reports to facilitate maximizing cash flow while satisfying the needs of our vendors. Routes the selected payments using NetSuite approval processes to Accounting Manager for approval to move forward with payment. Consults with CFO to verify weekly total is appropriate considering current cash positions and makes edits as required. Processes payments via the preferred method of the vendor utilizing vendor preferences in NetSuite. Processes check, credit card or EFT for payments as indicated. Sends remittance information via the vendor preferred method. Either by attaching appropriate remittances and posting via federal mail, emailing thedata to the vendor or uploading the data to the vendor in their systems as needed. Dedicatedly seeks out the most cost effective and least labor-intensive way to pay each vendor utilizing the tools in NetSuite.
5. Uses NetSuite to digitally track all payments that need to be included in the monthly Kansas Use Tax return. Prepares the data and creates monthly journal entries for accounting manager and reports the data to the state. Also, reports the monthly sales and liquor taxes to the state of Kansas based on reports received from the CFO. Initiates EFT payment for all of these tax payments.
6. Responsible for extracting data from corporate credit card partner bank, verifying and editing account coding for general ledger. Responsible for auditing reports and receipts from card holders to ensure they have attached proper documentation and have appropriate manager approval. Follows up with card holders and their supervisor when there are questions or missing documentation. Ensures that the data is correct and in the format needed for upload into the NetSuite system for recording the general ledger. Trouble shoots upload or data extraction issues.
1. Maintains registrations, parking passes and insurance documents for company vehicles
2. Assists managers/buyers with relevant information as requested.
3. Reconciles Vendor Statements and debit/credit memos as related to AP.
4. Assists accounting staff with account reconciliations, annual audit, or other information.
5. Serves as backup to Bookstore Accounts Payable during absences.
6. Receives opens and sorts all incoming Federal Mail.
7. Performs other duties as assigned.
Required knowledge abilities & skills:
1. Knowledge of general accounting procedures.
2. Knowledge of cash flow procedures.
3. Ability to perform a volume of work with moderate speed and accuracy.
4. Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions.
5. Ability to communicate effectively and courteously, both orally and in writing with vendors and employees.
6. Possess patience, understanding, and persistence in working with figures and accounting data.
7. Possess excellent customer service skills.
8. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, staff, and the general public.
1. High School Graduate or GED.
2. Significant experience using a computerized accounting system, specifically accounts payable modules.
3. Excellent Microsoft Office skills specifically Excel. Including but not limited to Formulas, Pivot Tables, and Data Manipulation tools
4. Proficient typing and 10-key by touch skills.
5. Minimum 5 years experience in Accounts Payable department.
1. Associates degree and/or some college coursework in Business Administration or general accounting.
2. Meaningful experience in a large diverse corporation
3. Familiarity with standard methodologies and new innovations in the Accounts Payable area.
4. NetSuite Financial Management Accounts Payable experience.
Benefits of working for the K.U. Memorial Unions
We want teammates with a dedication to success and we will provide you with the opportunities necessary to improve and develop your leadership skills. We believe you will find a home where you can grow with us. Check out some of our employee benefits below:
- Paid Sick/Vacation leave
- Paid holidays
- Retirement plan - employer matching contributions
- Exciting wellness plan
- Employer sponsored medical/dental insurance
- Employer paid life insurance
- Promotional opportunities
- KU ID that gives you access to the university libraries and local bus systems
APPLYPlease submit a resume and cover letter with application to union.ku.edu/jobs
Full time employment with the Union Corporation is contingent upon satisfactory completion of a back ground check prior to being able to begin work.
The University of Kansas Memorial Unions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, disability, status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression, and genetic information in the corporations programs and activities.
Retaliation is also prohibited by corporation policy.
The Director of Human Resources has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies and can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Location/Region: Lawrence, KS