Reports to: Maintenance Supervisor
SCOPE OF POSITION
The primary focus/objective of the Electrician is to perform both new installations and maintenance of electrical equipment for the site.
• Troubleshoot and repair problems with electrical equipment and instrumentation.
• Install new electrical equipment including wiring and conduit to applicable codes.
• Support inventorying of spare electrical equipment and parts.
• Perform duties while following NFPA 70E regulations and National Electric Codes. Equipment includes: transformers, single phase and three phase; 480V Disconnects and Motors, Lighting, Heat Tracing, Controllers, and Control Systems.
• Perform plant maintenance consistent with training and abilities as needed.
• Perform preventive and corrective maintenance on equipment and systems.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Provide housekeeping duties.
• Comply with plant policies and procedures.
• Coordinate production and maintenance schedules with Plant Management.
• Perform all tasks in a minimal supervisory environment.
• Repair equipment and systems to restore them to safe operational status.
• Complete and maintain safety, quality, and ISO documentation and records.
• Be a proactive integral Safety Team member, proactively eliminating hazards and promoting a Zero incident Safety Culture.
• High School Diploma or GED.
• Two year Electrical / Electronic degree preferred. Can substitute electrical / electronic work experience for two year degree. Electrical license preferred.
• Electrical training and experience required, to the level of a Journeyman preferred.
• Knowledge of NFPA 70E and NEC regulations and local codes.
• Previous Electrical Maintenance experience desired.
• Must be able to read and write in English.
• Must be able to read and produce electrical drawing.
• Must have an understanding of units of measure and weight and perform conversions.
• Must be knowledgeable of single phase and three phase electrical formulas and comfortable using them.
• Ability to communicate with courtesy and tact when furnishing or obtaining information from both fellow workers and other departments.
• Experience operating a forklift, front-end loader, and or other heavy equipment.
• Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and computer knowledge.
• Must possess excellent attention to detail.
• Must be a self-starter with the ability to work with a minimum of supervision, is highly motivated, energetic, and enjoys working as part of a team.
• Must have a working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Must be able to work overtime if needed
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
• Employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Employee is occasionally required to climb stairs/ladders (including vertical).
• Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• Must be able to work in confined work spaces.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job may include close vision.
• Must be “fit for duty”.
Must be able to perform under the following conditions:
• Work in awkward or confining workspaces.
• Work in elevated places.
• Work in outdoor environment.
• Work in noisy environment.
• Safety is a job requirement.
• Work in areas that are dusty and have some odor from chemicals and etc.
• Able to work in Adverse Weather Conditions.
WHY JOIN OUR TEAM?
Impact, Growth, and Diversity
By joining our team, you will have the chance to be part of a vibrant and growing company. As a company that has grown and continues to grow by acquisition, we offer an exciting work atmosphere and opportunities to make a real impact. Our vision to be a Great Chemical Company is supported through our EPIC values (Excellence in Operations, People First, Integrity and Customers) and our commitment to the Health and Safety of our employees, and the communities we work in through Responsible Care®.
Our friendly work environment fosters positive interaction between employees within and throughout our 70+ locations. We expect all employees to treat each other with dignity and respect. Safety is at the core of our culture and something that we never compromise on.
At Chemtrade, we take pride in rewarding our employees for their commitment, performance and hard work by offering a variety of programs and services. We offer a comprehensive and very competitive health and wellness program, including medical, dental, and a fitness activity subsidy. Our unique culture enables employees to thrive in a supportive and engaging workplace. We offer an exciting rewards program CHEErs! for employee recognition, referrals and milestones. In addition we offer learning and development opportunities through our Chemtrade University.
CHEMTRADE is a publically traded (TSX: CHE.UN) chemical manufacturing and handling company serving customers for more than half a century. With over 1.6B in Sales, we pride ourselves on our 4 core strategies of Strategic Growth, Operational Excellence, Financial Prudence and our Diverse Business Model, all while maintaining quality service and a commitment to Responsible Care®.
With Headquarters in Toronto, Canada, and operations across North America and Brazil, Chemtrade operates a diversified business providing industrial chemicals and services to our customers in three main business segments; Sulphur & Performance Chemicals, Water Solutions and Electrochemicals. Chemtrade is a reliable industry partners to the Oil & Gas, Pulp & Paper, Water Treatment, Food & Beverage and Pharmaceutical industries.
Our success in this global industry is the result of our drive to meet the needs of our customers and is deeply rooted in the talents of our employees and the communities where we operate.
Chemtrade is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Chemtrade is committed to fair and accessible employment practices and will, where possible, provide accommodations for persons with disabilities.
Location/Region: Lawrence, KS