Washburn University Alumni Association and Foundation
The Development Director - Law School is responsible for identifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding major gift donors from an active prospect list of individuals and Washburn University (“University”) prospects. This position is a key contributor to Washburn University Alumni Association and Foundation’s (“Foundation”) fundraising efforts and will work collaboratively with the Executive Director of Development and Alumni Relations – Law School to secure support for University priorities.
The Development Director will establish and nurture effective, collegial working relationships with co-workers and University partners while representing the Foundation in a positive and professional manner. Internal relations will involve regular contact with the Foundation staff including senior leadership, and contact with campus leadership as appropriate and necessary
• Bachelor’s degree preferred from an accredited college/university; significant work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience can be substituted;
• 3-5 years of experience in fundraising or related field required;
• Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills. Ability to listen is essential. Able to ask questions which encourage potential donors to talk about themselves, their activities, and their philanthropic interests;
• Must be willing to travel and work evenings and weekends as required and necessary;
• Must be able to build strong relationships with donors, academic partners, Foundation staff and volunteers;
• Professional attitude and the ability to maintain confidentiality; and
• Reliable and predictable attendance.
For a complete job description: Go to www.wualumni.org
Please go to HR Partners at www.hrpartnersks.com and click on “Apply Now!” under “Jobs” to submit your resume, cover letter and three professional references.
Location/Region: Topeka, KS