LAWRENCE, KS POLICE DEPARTMENT
PAY RANGE: $18.34 TO $26.23 PER HOUR DOQ
STARTING SALARY TYPICALLY AT ENTRY LEVEL OF PAY RANGE
The City of Lawrence Police Department is currently seeking to fill the position of Crime Scene Technician. Key responsibilities of this position include performing evidence collection and processing duties in support of the operations and services of the Police Department, specifically in support of the evidence custodial functions. Clerical duties will include but are not limited to word processing, data entry and copying. The incumbent will compose, prepare, review various reports and documents of findings and results, as well as maintain related records and files. The Crime Scene Technician will also provide courteous and professional customer service to internal and external inquiries.
- Equivalent to a Bachelor's degree in the natural sciences or related field.
- Significant experience in a law enforcement setting working with evidence may substitute for the Bachelor's degree.
- One year of experience in a law enforcement or related agency working with evidence is preferred.
- Must have working knowledge of general office equipment and procedures.
- Requires good use of the English language to include spelling, grammar and punctuation for professional writing and report preparation.
- The successful candidate will be required to pass an extensive background check and City physical and drug screen.
MUST SUBMIT ONLINE APPLICATION:
- Health/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance: Various dependent on coverage levels available;
- FREE Well Care Clinic through LMH;
- free/discounted gym memberships, other wellness benefits/perks
- Paid Time Off: 12 Vacation days, 12 Sick days accrued per year; 2 days Personal Leave, 9 Paid Holidays
- Retirement: Kansas Public Employees Retirement System (KPERS)
Application Review BEGINS January 16th, 2018;
Open Until Filled
*The City of Lawrence is pleased to provide an online application process. If you do not have access to a home computer to submit an application, computer access is available at public libraries, the Lawrence Workforce Center or City Hall, Human Resources.
Human Resources Department
City of Lawrence, Kansas
City Hall, 2nd Floor 6 East 6th Street,
PO Box 708
Lawrence, Kansas 66044
Toll Free: (800) 444-8321
Phone: (785) 832-3203
Fax: (785) 832-3228
Employment Information Line: (785) 832-3333
City of Lawrence, Kansas Web Page: www.LawrenceKs.org
We consider applicants for all positions regardless of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, age, ancestry, sexual orientation or disability.
Location/Region: Lawrence, KS