Excelligence is looking for experienced order fulfillment pick/pack associates for our distribution center in Kansas City, Kansas. Join a business that is growing rapidly as we help provide teachers, childcare providers, and parents with learning toys, tools, furniture and more! This position has a commission based pay structure averaging $16-$18 annually and first shift Monday through Friday schedule. The first 30 days are paid at $12 hourly, after that compensation is solely commission. Benefits available after 90 days including: health, life, vision, dental, 401K with company match, 14 days of paid time off in your first year and more.
*** 5203 Speaker rd Kansas City, KS 66106 **Park in west lot and enter the door next to the shipping dock with 2 picnic tables by it.**
PLEASE NOTE: All workers must be available to work 8 am - 4:30 pm as well as occasional overtime from 6 am - 4:30 pm and Saturdays 6 am - 2:30 pm during high order volume. Good attendance is a must so each individual employee must have reliable transportation for the daily commute!
SUMMARY: Pull and check all items for shipment; properly pack orders into boxes for shipment; and label all boxes correctly. Hard work and dedication are greatly valued and this position has high earning potential.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following as well as other duties and responsibilities that may be assigned.
· Get order from box and sign pick-lot recap log.
· Pull order from primary location, check items on order and correct any known mistakes.
· Select correct size box, stamp order with ID stamp and pack in accordance with established procedures.
· Clean work station by cutting down boxes and taking trash out.
· Must participate in general warehouse upkeep and housekeeping, including; sweeping, dusting, trash removal, and reorganization and stocking, etc……..
· Assist in other departs as needed performing various tasks such as but not limited to unloading trucks and containers during peak times.
· Assist in physical inventory and cycle counting
· Put product returns back onto shelves as necessary.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High School diploma or equivalent. Previous experience picking and packing as well as picking from paper pick tickets are a plus.
Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from government entities, employees, managers, clients, and the general public.
Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
· Must be well organized, and a self-starter.
· Must be customer service oriented, always placing concerns for the customer ahead of your own.
· Must possess exceptional written and verbal communication skills using the English language.
· Must be able to multitask and prioritize in accordance with changing deadlines and priorities.
· Must be even-tempered and team spirited - a good sense of humor is desirable.
· Must have the ability to quickly learn specific software in limited applications.
· Must be able to make sound independent decisions based on available data.
· Must be able to work with a variety of personalities in an effective manner.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is constantly required to stand, kneel, push and pull objects and use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms. In addition, the employee is constantly required to lift objects overhead and below the waist. The employee is walking or standing for their entire shift in a very fast paced environment.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
· Position requires the employee to be able lift, pull, and/or push weights ranging up to 60 pounds on a very frequent basis.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee sometimes works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to the risk of electric shock.
· Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high.
· The temperature can and does reach extremes from heat indexes above 100 degrees in the summer to temperatures below 50 degrees in the winter.
· Dust and dirt can be airborne at times impacting air quality.
EARNING POTENTIAL: With a commission based pay structure this position offers above industry wages for motivated individuals. Annual hourly average is $16-$18 for our pick/pack staff, solely based on individual overall performance. You truly determine your wage here so for top performers this is a rare opportunity to work hard and receive great compensation.
Do you want to join an expanding team focused on building the next generation of educational products? The Excelligence Learning Corporation team (parent organization for Discount School Supply®) is responsible for the manufacture, retail, distribution and development of educational products for the classroom, day care or in-home provider.
Exciting career opportunities are waiting for you at Discount School Supply®. Whether you work in the corporate office, in one of our manufacturing facilities, or at our shipping centers, you can help make a difference in someone's life every day.
With a focus on preschool and child care programs, Discount School Supply® offers more than 5,000 early childhood education products from over 25 different categories. These categories include Arts & Crafts, Dramatic Play, Active Play, Infant & Toddler, Furniture, Storage & Equipment, Math, Science, Language, and Special Needs, just to name a few. We provide innovative proprietary products you'll find nowhere else including Colorations®, The Brand Teachers ChooseTM, a line of top-quality Arts & Crafts materials; and BioColor® paint, Creativity in a Bottle. Discount School Supply also carries popular brands such as Crayola®. We offer the lowest every day prices backed by a 110% Low Price Guarantee. Three strategically located distribution centers across the country ensure that orders arrive quickly; 96% of the U.S. population is only two UPS delivery days away, and most orders for stocked items ship the same day. Discount School Supply® is proud to offer the widest selection of the best and safest products at the lowest possible prices, with unbeatable customer service.
We want you to join our team, who we believe are the most talented, most passionate, hardest-working and kindest out there. Please choose your next career by applying for opportunities to work with us.