The purpose of this position is to develop, implement and maintain systems to operate the organization in an effective, efficient and financially sound. To maintain financial systems in compliance with federal, state and local requirements. This position is supervised by the Chief Executive Officer.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides full range, direct supervision to other positions as designated in the agency organization chart and as assigned. Makes recommendations to higher level authority that carry particular weight with regard to employment actions including: hiring, discipline, pay increases/decreases and termination.
- Provides guidance, direction, feedback, counsel and training to subordinate staff as needed. Completes annual reviews in a timely manner. Reviews and approves/denies requests for time off. Utilizes Midland Care’s progressive discipline process as needed.
- Establishes effective working relationships with Midland staff members, Midland patients and their families, community leaders, physicians, contractors, vendors, internal customers, and others who come in contacts with the Midland Care program.
- Utilizes interpersonal skills that promote interdisciplinary collaboration and effective communication.
- Represents Midland Care Connection, Inc. at meetings and community events.
- Provides at least monthly individual supervision to direct reports.
- Provides support for staff and ensure administrative access 24/7 through participation in Administrative call rotation.
- Negotiates with vendors as needed.
- Serves as a member of Executive Team working under the direction of the CEO.
- Serves in the capacity of “administrator in charge” in the absence of and at request of CEO.
- Serves as a resource and educator for staff and community
- Demonstrates effective public presentation skills in representing Midland programs to the lay public, health care professionals, vendors, internal customers, and others.
- Directs and coordinates activities concerning financial administration, budgets and financial/statistical reporting.
- Assures preparation of monthly bank reconciliations.
- Responsible for overall agency budget/model development.
- Maintains and manages agency inventory including all property, facilities, furnishings, and medical supplies.
- Serves on the Finance Committee of the Midland Care Connection Board of Directors and is responsible for committee agenda, minutes, etc.
- Presents financials summary at monthly Board of Directors meetings and annually presents the Midland Financial Model for the upcoming year.
- Oversees all accounting functions.
- Serves as a member of the Risk Management/Compliance Committee.
- Responsible for overseeing all billing and payable functions of the agency.
- Participates in performance improvement activities.
- Stays abreast of changing regulatory requirements in all areas of Midland Care programming.
- Compiles statistical information as requested.
- Represents Midland at community meetings and events.
- Utilizes evolving technology as assigned.
- Understands Conditions of Participation for all programs.
- Completes annual mandatory education requirements.
- Participates in the strategic and operational planning for the organization.
- Assures implementation of the operating plan and strategic goals.
- Monitors operation progress towards accomplishing operational and strategic goals.
- Seeks opportunities for the organization in programming and geographic growth
- Seeks opportunities for involvement in applicable regional, state and national organizations
- Serves as a member of Executive Team and is responsible with team and CEO to lead board approved strategic plan and annual operational plan
- Forecasts and implements strategic functions to support growth
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Utilizes company resources in a prudent and appropriate manner. Is a good steward of company resources.
- Oversees and assures compliance with the Midland model as it pertains to respective areas supervised and all other areas.
- Seeks operational efficiencies and help ensure good stewardship of agency resources.
- Works with other leaders to provide education to staff.
- Works with executive team to help ensure compliance with annual Midland model.
The Midland Way
Other Essential Duties & Responsibilities: Carries out the mission and values of Midland. Articulates Midland Philosophy. Demonstrates a willingness to assist in patient/client and family care as needed. Respects the autonomy and right of confidentiality of patients/clients and families. Demonstrates good customer service the Midland Way at all times. Participates in performance improvement activities. Demonstrates ability to work collaboratively with other staff. Comes to work in neat, clean attire and consistently presents an appropriately professional appearance. Comes to work as scheduled and consistently demonstrates dependability and punctuality. Understands the organization’s computer system(s) and the software(s) used within the department as applicable to this position. Serves as a Universal Employee and accepts assigned duties in a cooperative manner. Performs all duties as assigned in an effective manner. Understands and demonstrates compliance with Midland policies and procedures.
Required: 4 year degree from accredited college or university, 2 years supervisory experience; computer proficient. Three (3) years of executive financial experience required. Healthcare finance experience preferred.
Must possess valid Kansas Driver’s License, in force automobile liability insurance and maintain a Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) that meets organization’s insurability standard as defined by Midland policy. Must possess a valid Kansas Driver’s License, in force automobile liability insurance and maintain a Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) that meets organization’s insurability standard as defined by Midland policy. Availability of reliable transportation is required for this position.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We function as a team, where each professional contributes a voice to the care of our patients and the improvement of our organization. Team members are supported in their jobs via training and promotion to achieve a lifetime of professional growth and development.
Midland Care Benefits for FULL TIME Employees:
- Health insurance for single/spouse/child(ren)/family-Company meets partial deductible
- Dental Plan & Vision Plan
- Flexible Savings Accounts (FSA) *
- Prescription Drug Plan & Free Health/Rx Discount Card
- Aflac Supplemental Insurance *
- Paid Time Off (PTO) &- Extended Medical Leave & Bereavement Leave (Up to 10 paid days)
- 403(b) ERISA Retirement Plan, match provided *
- Free group life and AD&D insurance of $20,000 & Optional voluntary life at group rates
- Free Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for ALL employees and dependents *
- Optional long term care insurance
- Corporate Discounts including Findables, local and regional restaurants and attractions
- Paid monthly volunteer time at non-profit organizations
- Employee recognition by discipline, annual dinner and KUDOS Program
- On-site education center to provide CPR Certification and classes that assist in development and obtaining some CEU credits
- Comprehensive onboarding/orientation
- Leadership Training Program
- Family/Social activities (Fall festival, etc.)
*Available to full-time and part-time employees