The Capital Equipment Buyer is responsible for supporting technical and capital projects. Projects may be executed at one of several manufacturing sites in North America for Lindt, Ghirardelli and Russell Stover. The responsibilities of this role include: (1) determining project requirements based on input from project leadership and engineers; (2) developing a holistic and strategic procurement approach to meet requirements; (3) locating, qualifying, developing and managing appropriate, competent suppliers; (4) negotiating best in class supplier agreements/contracts to maximize buying efficiency and minimize risks to the company; (5) executing the purchase order and delivery process; and (6) maintaining consistent communication vertically and cross functionally. The person in this position is also responsible for managing equipment costs on a total cost basis to ensure projects meet their financial objectives.
This role will be based in Kansas City, MO or Dallas, TX. Depending on the location of the candidate and project needs, travel could be between 15% – 50%.
TO BE CONSIDERED AN APPLICANT FOR THIS POSITION, YOU MUST SHOW HOW YOU MEET THE BASIC QUALIFICATIONS AS OUTLINED IN THE REQUIREMENTS
- 3 years of purchasing experience
- Category expertise in capital equipment or technical products
- Knowledge of general purchase to pay processes and systems
- Experience writing and negotiating contracts
- Financial, quantitative and analytical skills
- Project management experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Supply Chain or related field
- 5 years of purchasing experience
- Experience buying capital equipment in a manufacturing industry
- Experience in food manufacturing industry
- Highly proficient in ERP systems such as SAP or JDE
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to influence others
- Strong business acumen
Employment by Lindt & Sprüngli North America is contingent upon I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification, passing the urinalysis drug screen, education verification, and satisfactory reference and background checks.
Lindt & Sprüngli North America is an EOE/MINORITY/FEMALE/VET/DISABLED employer. Principals only please.
Lindt and Sprüngli North America is a newly constituted shared services organization developed to better leverage the Lindt & Sprüngli family of brands (Lindt USA, Ghirardelli and Russell Stover Chocolates) headquartered in North America.
Location/Region: Kansas City, MO (US)