Position Title: Center for Academic Achievement Fitness Center Attendant
Department: Human Resources
Reports to: Fitness Center Manager
30 hrs/week- varied Grade 10 $16.21-18.26 Year round
Paid holidays & vacation Benefit eligible
The Fitness Center Attendant is responsible for assisting the Fitness Center Manager with the daily operation and maintenance of the CAA Fitness Center and included programs. The Fitness Center Attendant will engage with members to provide safe and accurate fitness assessments, orientate members with the facility, policies and equipment, create personal exercise programs, and help track improvement over time. This role may also include providing instruction for group exercise programs. Additionally, the Fitness Center Attendant will maintain member files, manage CAA Fitness Center clerical work, and assist in implementing incentive programs.
The Fitness Center Attendant is expected to maintain a high level of interaction with and service to members to enhance participation and satisfaction. This position will require varied hours including early morning, evening, and weekend hours.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Other duties may be assigned
- Facilitate an effective membership registration process
- Orientate members on facility equipment and membership policy/expectations
- Manage front desk activity
- Effectively manage membership records/data
- Ensure fitness center is clean, organized and safely maintained
- Enforce all fitness center policies/procedures
- Teach or coach group exercise classes (as needed/appropriate)
- Maintain facility operations and report issues when necessary
- Assist in the development and management of a full equipment inventory
- Effectively communicate (written and verbal) with members and colleagues
- Administer fitness assessments and apply data as appropriate
- Create personalized fitness programs for members based on goals and abilities
- Assist with other fitness/wellness projects as needed
Qualification Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Previous experience in fitness related setting and/or working toward a Bachelor’s Degree in a fitness/wellness related field.
- Nationally recognized personal fitness trainer and/or group exercise instructor certification preferred (ACSM, NSCA, AAFA, ISSA, ACE, etc.)
- Current First Aid/CPR/AED certifications from the American Red Cross or American Heart Association
- Ability to demonstrate and model various strength, flexibility and conditioning activities
- Ability to instruct multiple group exercise formats
- Exemplary communication and personal interaction skills
- Commitment to continuous growth and demonstrated willingness to accept/use critical feedback to drive performance improvement
Language Skills: Ability to effectively communicate (verbal and written) with multiple audiences.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must have ability to travel in personal or school district vehicle.
- Must be flexible regarding scheduling, working conditions and location of work
- Will require regular physical exertion.
- Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Must be able to occasionally work in noisy and crowded environments, with numerous interruptions.
The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (A.D.A.) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position.