The Project Manager is responsible for the oversight of commercial construction projects. They will serve as the projects team leader and be the primary interaction point with the client and architect. The project manager is one of the most influential team members in maintain an excellent reputation with all of the project stakeholders.
- Project Managers will manage multiple projects at the same time.
- When time allows, the Project Managers will be assigned estimating responsibilities for prospective projects. This will include square foot take-offs, sending bid invitations to subcontractors, and verifying coverage for upcoming bids and price proposals.
- Project Managers are placed as the team leader. The team will consist of multiple field superintendents, foreman, and additional 2Point employees self-performing specific project scopes.
- Accurately report project status and/or issues to the projects Vice President of Operations.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate information in the company’s online communication solution. This includes managing task assignments, document requirements for submittals, RFI’s and project close out documents.
- Responsible for generating, tracking, and maintaining project schedules. This includes capitalizing on opportunities to gain grown on schedule adherence, and creating modified plans when schedule delays occur to maintain contract completion dates.
- Responsible for maintaining project budget attainment, and increasing project profitability beyond the bid day fee.
- Identify issues during the project that may lead to claims or disputes, and create a strategy that will limit company’s risk / liability.
- Will have established metrics for contractor buy-outs, and achieving budget line-item success for plugged items in bid or price proposals.
- Responsible for drafting subcontractor contracts and administrating client contracts.
- Lead on-site project meetings with subcontractors, architects, and clients.
- Project Managers will be responsible for managing the quality control.
- Periodic visits to project sites.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of commercial construction project management experience.
- Additional experience in the estimating and / or field supervision role is preferred.
- Applicant needs to be able to demonstrate how project complexity increased throughout their project management experience.
- Minimum of a 4 year Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or Construction Science.
- Applicants with Architecture or industry relevant engineering degrees (masters preferred) will be considered if they have college courses or training in business administration and accounting.
- Experience in managing multiple projects.
2Point Construction is a full service commercial construction firm, offering construction management, construction consulting, design build, and general contracting services. The firm is centered on a service provider mentality, and committed to bringing collaboration, increased communication, accountability, and certainty of outcome to our clients and to design firms on the project team. Our desire is to progressively change the functionality and mindset of our industry, and our commitment is to constantly evaluate the needs of each client and to incorporate technology and expanded service areas to meet those needs.
Location/Region: Lenexa, KS (US)