Encompass Medical Group is a 50-independent physician provider group in the Greater Kansas City area. We currently have a Medical Assistant job opening at our Lenexa Location . We are recruiting for a talented individual that is patient centered and provides excellent customer service. We hope you will consider joining our dynamic team.
The position summary:
The Medical Assistant is a vital part of our organization. This position will be responsible for organizing and prioritizing daily workflow in order to maintain efficient patient flow throughout the office. The MA must be able to interact with physicians, receptionists, and ancillary services in a courteous and professional manner.
- CMA or RMA required.
- Prepare and instruct patients for exams, perform procedures that include but are not limited to electrocardiograms, blood pressures, throat cultures, immunizations, dressing changes, suture removal, holter analysis, spirometry and other CLIA waived laboratory tests.
- Maintain appropriate documentation of procedures in the electronic medical record; record reason for visit and other pertinent medical history while maintaining confidentiality.
- Assure coding for all services provided.
- Facilitate completion of prior authorizations and/or referrals to coordinate care with outside consultants for additional patient care or pharmacy request.
- Assist Healthcare Providers with exams and procedures, anticipating equipment and instruments required and necessary.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of work area; keep exam rooms neat; change table paper and remove soiled linen after each examination.
- Order supplies and medications/vaccines when needed.
- May screen and return phone calls for providers under their direction and supervision.
- Obtain and maintain Basic Cardiac Life Support Certification.
- Provide back up to other Medical Assistants in the areas of Adult Medicine, Family Practice, Pediatrics and Receptionist as needed.
- Working knowledge of Indexing Client and Centricity.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must be a team player.
We offer an excellent benefit package that begins immediately, competitive salary and great working environment.
Encompass Medical Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, religion, national origin, military service, or any other protected category. EOE M/F/V/D
Encompass Medical Group is a 50-independent physician provider group with nine locations in the Greater Kansas City area.