The Premium Billing Service Representative is responsible for processing all requests associated with premium receipts and funds transfer requests for our brokered insurance products.
- Process weekly, bi-weekly, semi-monthly and monthly premium payments including the administrative transactions and all related accounting transactions
- Processing of checks and related correspondence, and reconcile expected versus actual payroll deductions and work to resolve all discrepancies.
- Processing refunds of premiums; validate that transactions are completed and accounted for accurately in the administrative system
- Establish simplified billing (group bills) and process service requests related to these groups
- Process changes in payment methods based on requests from the customer or agent
- Responsible for communicating with career and independent office staff, agents and customers via email, telephone or regular mail to provide policy information
- Experience in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Professional communicator using all available media (e-mail, voice mail, written, oral)
- Attention to detail and the ability to work efficiently under pressure is essential
- Detail, goal and deadline oriented
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to be a strong contributing member of a team
- Overtime work is required as needed, and can be on short notice
Headquartered in Kansas City, Missouri, BenefitsDirect has a long history of partnering with our clients to create and manage innovative employee benefit programs that maximize their investment in human capital. Our organization has been in the employee benefit administration business for more than 50 years through its affiliated family of companies, and the depth of our teams experience lends itself to seamless on-boarding and simplified benefit administration for our client groups.
Location/Region: Kansas City, MO (US)