We have 20 openings in our solar division to fill a long term contract to install solar on military base housing (starting with Ft. Riley). These projects have additional pay which amounts to $20 hr. Performance bonuses are available adding up to $10/hr more. No experience necessary.
A great opportunity to get trained in a growing industry!
Cromwell Solar’s Installers work within a small team to install commercial and residential solar photovoltaic (PV) systems. They provide support to and follow the directions of the Crew Leader to safely, professionally and quickly install all aspects of the PV system (panels, rack, wiring, inverters, etc).
This is a position with an eye towards professional development; we want to build careers here at Cromwell. Training is provided and multiple paths for advancement within our firm are available including: installation crew leader, solar CAD designer, certified electrician, solar sales, energy auditor/retrofitter, indoor air quality consulting, and more. As the public face of Cromwell Solar, a firm priding itself on our technical abilities, our Installers are expected to be professional and to obtain and be able to convey their expertise in solar energy systems.
- Work M-F 8-5:30 working Saturdays if a week day is rained out
- Follow strict military regulations on base
- Receiving delivery and checking inventory for each project
- Layout and assembly of solar panels and racking hardware
- Mechanical/structural mounting of racking, modules and electrical equipment
- Electrical wiring (AC and DC)
- Document completion of completed installation
- Clean up of job site
- Attend training sessions on new products, installation methodology and safety
- Additional duties required as needed
- 1 year of roof work or general construction
- Must be able to routinely lift 50lbs
- Ability to work in extreme environments (example: hot sun, cold, crawl spaces, etc)
- Must be willing and able to climb ladders, stairs, work on rooftops and be able to work on your feet for long periods of time
- High school diploma or GED required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Excellent customer service skills required
- Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment criminal and driving screen
- Full-time salary $30- $45k
- Paid training
- Travel expenses and $30 daily "per diem" for out of town travel
- Full benefits including health and paid vacation/sick time
- Career path opportunities
- Being a part of an amazing and growing industry that is making a difference
Cromwell Environmental is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace.