Our business is expanding, now hiring for August start dates! We are seeking a talented Leadperson to help guide Teammates pulling orders, working in receiving, and provide vital supply chain services in our state-of-the-art warehouse equipped with leading technology, voice pick, engineered standards, and a comfortable and safe work environment.
Our teammates are essential in making healing happen by connecting the world of medical products to the point of care. The supplies that doctors, nurses and healthcare providers need to take care of patients pass through our hands.
Second shift start time is 12:00pm.
- Releasing orders to Teammates
- Problem solving with Teammates regarding order issues, RF information interpretation, and voice pick system assistance
- Assisting with Teammate new hire training, re-training, coaching, and safety processes
- Auditing pallets to ensure customer satisfaction and collect data for Teammate retraining as needed
- Picking products for customer orders in the bulk area using an order picker machine, voice pick system, and handheld device.
- Picking items for customer orders in the low unit of measure area using the voice pick system and handheld device.
- Delivering orders to the staging platform in a manner that meets company standards for productivity, accuracy, and safety.
- Receive and put away product in proper locations. Responsible for the completeness and correctness of all product put aways and orders filled.
- Checking outbound shipments for accuracy and readiness for customer delivery.
- Use material handling equipment such as an order picker, reach truck, and pallet jack.
- Experience operating MHE equipment such as a cherry picker, reach truck, etc and WMS system technology
- Good attendance, ability to work overtime hours as needed to meet customer order deadlines
- Prior experience in a warehouse or retail setting leading projects or teams
- General knowledge of basic topics such as math, reading, basic accounting equal to a high school diploma
- Must successfully pass pre-employment process
- Safety toe shoes
- New hire incentive bonus available!
- Eligible for full benefits day one of employment including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 3 days paid time off after 3 months employment
- Paid vacation available after 6 months of employment
- 401K with employer match starting after 1 month of employment
- Company paid Life insurance
- Attendance incentive program, teammate purchase program
- Shift differential pay for second shift
Owens & Minor, Inc. (NYSE: OMI) is a leading global healthcare services company dedicated to Connecting the World of Medical Products to the Point of Care by providing vital supply chain services to healthcare providers and manufacturers of healthcare products, supplies and devices.
Owens & Minor provides logistics services across the spectrum from disposable medical supplies to devices and implants. These services range from procurement, inventory management and delivery, to the sourcing and kitting of products. In the U.S., we operate 42 distribution centers with 5,800 teammates.
Location/Region: Kansas City, MO (US)