(NYSE: BERY) is a $7.1B global manufacturer and marketer of plastic packaging products. Headquartered in Evansville Indiana, Berry operates over 125 global manufacturing facilities and employs over 23,000 individuals. At Berry Global, we pursue excellence in all that we do and are always advancing to improve the way we work along with the products and services we provide. With our proven expertise in packaging and protection solutions, and our dedicated insights team that follows trends across a wide range of industries, we are uniquely positioned to serve a broad range of markets and customer needs. Our culture fosters trust and partnerships through appreciation, acknowledgement, and inclusion. Here at Berry we are continuously improving to support our mission and exemplify our values of partnerships, excellence, growth and safety. We encourage you to be a part of Berry Global, the company that is always advancing to protect what’s important! PURPOSE:
The Quality Assurance team strives to provide the highest quality samples to our customers.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Complete sample request(s) as they are received.
- Know JDE and how to find an item number when it is not provided.
- Check JDE on items needed to complete sample request.
- Contact warehouse for product needed if product is not running on a machine.
- Keep “samples backup” involved and in the loop, and communicate often with Quality Management.
- Pull product from the machine if it is running.
- Keep a good amount of “backup” product at all times, with a 6 month rotation to keep product looking nice.
- If printed samples are needed fill out a “Printed Samples Required” Form.
- Know the product and what “not acceptable” issues are.
- Work with Process Techs or Print Techs if product they are running is not acceptable for the samples.
- Keep a spreadsheet of all samples requests.
- Maintain the hold/sample area. (Team with Shift Leads for our 2 Hold areas)
- Frequent visits to Lawrence West, Thermoform Floor and Injection Molding Floor requires the knowledge of “go to” individuals when product is needed.
- Help with testing in the lab (when needed depending on the urgency of any outstanding sample requests.)
- Help maintain the lab. (cleaning etc, assisting when needed depending on the urgency of any outstanding sample requests.)
- Responsible for Havi, Starbucks, Thermoform blank product, Injection Molding products.
- Learn UPS.com shipping methods as well as shipping out of the country using DHL.
- Assist Prepress as needed with samples.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- High school education or equivalent.
- Good communication skills.
- Able to multitask.
- Good Color Perception.
- Good understanding of Excel spreadsheets.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Location/Region: Lawrence, KS (US)