Accounts Payable Clerk/Payroll Clerk– CKS Packaging, Inc.
CKS Packaging, Inc., a leader and growing manufacturer of rigid plastic containers needs Accounts Payable/Payroll coordinator at our KANSAS CITY, MO location. This person will support plant Accounting operations, oversee weekly payroll initial processing and perform other administrative work as needed.
What’s In it for You?
o Stable, growing organization with opportunity for future advancement of qualified candidates if successful in supervisory assignments
o Competitive pay based on experience and qualifications
o Paid vacation, bonus and sick days after one year of service
o Excellent medical/dental benefits at modest employee contributions
o 401k participation with Company matching contributions upon completion of one year of service
Responsible for providing accounting support to accounting supervisors and other managers within the Plant. Keys daily worksheets to the general ledger system, ensures files are complete and maintained as needed, handles accounts payable duties, weekly payroll auditing and reporting of time, and assists accounting personnel. The Accounting Clerk performs a variety of general accounting support tasks in an accounting department including:
Verifying the accuracy of invoices and other accounting documents or records.
Update and maintain accounting journals, ledgers and other records detailing financial business transactions (e.g., disbursements, expense vouchers, receipts, accounts payable).
Enters data into computer system using defined computer programs (SAP)
Compile data and prepare a variety of reports.
Reconciles records with internal company employees and management, or external vendors or customers.
Recommends actions to resolve discrepancies.
Investigates questionable data.
Weekly auditing and reporting of hourly workers payroll and time worked to corporate payroll department.
- Perform accounting and clerical functions to support supervisors.
- Research, track, and resolve accounting problems.
- Compile and sort invoices and checks.
- Issue checks for accounts payable.
- Place checks in envelopes and mail out.
- Record business transactions and key daily worksheets to the general ledger system.
- Record charges and refunds.
- Weekly payroll hours editing and reporting to Corporate office
- Support accounting personnel.
- Input type vouchers, invoices, checks, account statements, reports, and other records.
- Provide front desk customer service.
- File and tally deposits.
- Work with adding machines, calculators, databases and bank accounts.
- Match invoices to work orders.
- Process bills for payment.
- Open mail and match payments to invoices.
- Arrange for money to be delivered to bank.
- Utilize computer systems to run databases, pay bills and order supplies.
- Contact individuals with delinquent accounts.
- Ensure customers accept payments or refunds
CKS Packaging is a privately owned manufacturer and supplier of rigid plastic packaging with 22 locations in the United States, headquartered in Atlanta. Our business is growing and we are looking for talented people to strengthen our team.