FHLBank Topeka's products, services and programs help our member financial institutions provide affordable credit and support housing and community development efforts. We are accepting resumes for the position listed below.
This position may be filled as a level I, II or III depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
The individual in this position performs individual internal audit projects and SOx testing, as part of the total internal audit plan. This responsibility includes developing internal audit scope, developing and performing internal audit procedures, and preparing internal audit reports reflecting the results of the work performed. Work performed includes coverage of functional and operating units, focusing on compliance, financial and operational processes.
This position follows up on the status of outstanding internal audit and examination issues, assists the external auditors, and works on special projects as assigned by internal audit management.
Audit procedures assigned are of moderate complexity and require the exercise of judgment.
Depending on the level, this position may often direct and review the work performed by other internal audit personnel.
Qualifications Level I
- One to three years of similar or related experience.
- Undergraduate degree in accounting or finance (or equivalent work experience) is required.
- CPA or CIA professional certification is preferred.
- Comprehensive knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and auditing standards.
- Ability to work independently. Comprehensive knowledge and practical experience of internal control system processes and risk management methodologies.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience using MS Office including Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio.
- Must be able to work independently and operate all types of general office equipment.
- Same as level I plus the following: Three to five years of similar or related experience.
- Same as level II plus the following: CPA or CIA professional certification is required.
In addition to a rewarding, team-oriented work environment, FHLBank Topeka offers opportunities for growth and development, an attractive benefit package including health and dental insurance, 401(k), short-term incentive plan, student loan repayment assistance and much more.
To see a more detailed job summary and apply for this position, go to the Bank website at www.fhlbtopeka.com/careers.
Location/Region: Topeka, KS