College of Liberal Arts & Sciences
University of Kansas
The College research Outreach Coordinator will report to the Research Associate Dean for Research in the Sciences of the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences. This position will serve as an outreach coordinator/collaborator for the units within the College with both the College and Professional Schools SSC and the Office of Research at KU. The successful candidate must have appropriate authorization to work in the U.S. before employment begins.
% Effort - Responsibility
Communicates with leaders of academic departments and/or faculty with active external support (Principal Investigators; PIs) within those units. Within this role, this individual:
- Meets with assigned departments on a quarterly and as-needed basis;
- Addresses unique concerns or needs of assigned departments; and
- Responsible for overseeing the dissemination of up to date information and procedure or policy changes related to research administration.
- Reports to the Dean/Associate Dean for Research in the Sciences
- Shares progress reports and status updates.
- Works with the Associate Dean to identify larger scale issues for proactive response and assesses responsiveness to problems reported.
45% - Collaboration/Partnership
Facilitate the collaboration with KUCR/CPS SSC and the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences to proactively support and improve post-award services by:
- Communicating directly with Director of Research Admin at KUCR/ CPS SSC Management regarding any issues surrounding training or program development that will continue to build on the collaboration between these units;
- Taking responsibility for coordinating with KUCR/CPS SSC to develop standard operating procedures and policies;
- Working with KUCR and the CPS SSC to evaluates opportunities to enhance existing processes or provide improved service to client units;
- Working with Process Improvement and Training Committees as needed to implement process design changes or system updates; and
- Developing proactive approaches to support assigned departments and PI's based on proactive assessment of possible issues and attention to problems that are raised by those served and/or uncovered by this individual.
25% Problem Resolution
- Address unique concerns or needs of assigned departments and PIs within those departments.
- Manage concerns that arise through the life cycle of the grants administered through these units.
- Resolve disputes and takes corrective action.
- Troubleshoot issues that emerge from all stakeholders.
5% - Policy Development and Dissemination/Training
- Partners with KUCR and CPS SSC to develop and present information and training sessions on post-award policies and procedures and award management techniques.
- Provides information in a variety of formats, including individual training, workshop type sessions, and seminars to PIs and other interested staff as requested.
- Coordinates with KUCR and CPS SSC on the interpretation and communication of post-award policies, systems, procedures, and programs.
- Evaluation of the following requirements will be made through (1) descriptions of work experience and educational experiences in letter of application, (2) record of accomplishments and productivity addressed in resume, and (3) information provided from professional references.
- Bachelor's degree plus a minimum two years related professional-level work experience; OR a high school degree/GED plus a minimum of six years of related professional-level work experience.
- Computer skills in a PC/Windows or Mac environment, including MS Word and MS Excel as demonstrated by application materials and previous experience.
- Excellent written communication skills and attention to detail as demonstrated by application materials.
- Experience working with research administration.
- General knowledge of applicable federal, state, and other sponsor regulations related to sponsored projects, including Uniform Guidance.
- Experience writing training materials, creating PowerPoint presentations, or drafting policy.
- Ability to work independently in a team environment, take ownership of the resolution of problems, be flexible and accountable, manage conflicting responsibilities, prioritize tasks and consistently meet deadlines.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with faculty, administrative staff and students in a higher education environment as demonstrated by application materials.
- Strong people and team management experience.
Advertised Salary: $41,299
Work Schedule: 40 hours/week, M-F, 8-5
Contact Information; Tabatha Gabay email@example.com
Additional Candidate Instructions
- Apply online.
- A complete application includes: 1) a cover letter addressing how required and preferred qualifications are met and 2) a resume or curriculum vitae.
- Only complete applications will be considered.
Apply at http://employment.ku.edu/staff/10948BR
Application review begins 2/14/18. To ensure consideration apply before, or no later than 2/13/18.
Location/Region: Lawrence, KS