This is a 2rd shift position, with training on 1st shift. PURPOSE:
To safely optimize the performance of the injection molding equipment and the product being produced. BERRY GLOBAL BELIEVES IN THE SAFETY OF ALL EMPLOYEES, IT IS IMPORTANT THAT EACH EMPLOYEE FOLLOW ALL SAFETY RULES.
- Know and follow all safety rules. Identify and resolve safety issues.
- Perform pre-shift exercise / stretching activity to be performed before you can enter production area .
- Perform a Molding walk-thru at the start of each shift to determine the status of the floor.
- Do daily/weekly PM’s as assigned.
- Know and follow the GMP’S, SQF, & HACCP.
- Run reports and enter information in Web EFF.
- Must be able to explain the operational sequence of the injection molding process.
- Assist other employees as needed to optimize the performance of the Molding dept.
- Accurately document press settings and process changes with required forms.
- Trouble shoot & optimize equipment for maximum efficiency.
- Proactively monitor part quality & take appropriate actions to maintain specified limits.
- Must have a good work & attendance record
- Strong mechanical ability
- Must be able to work extended shifts and weekends as necessary
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- Electrical experience a plus
- Strong verbal & written communication skills
- Good math & computer skills
- Good safety record
- Must provide own hand tools
- Strong problem solving skills
- Injection Molding experience is a plus
- Must be able to lift 35 pounds regularly
- Ability to climb up and down ladders
- Must be able to stand for extended periods, bend, stoop and stretch regularly
- Ability to work around grease, oil and solvents without adverse reaction
- Must be able to differentiate color
BERRY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. APPLICANTS AND EMPLOYEES ARE EVALUATED ON THE BASIS OF JOB QUALIFICATIONS WITHOUT REGARD TO AGE (AS DEFINED BY APPLICABLE LAW), RACE, RELIGIOUS CREED, SEX, COLOR, MARITAL STATUS, CITIZENSHIP, NATIONAL ORIGIN OR DISABILITY (WILLING TO MAKE REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION). THIS POLICY ALSO APPLIES TO DISABLED VETERANS AND VETERANS OF THE VIETNAM ERA.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Location/Region: Lawrence, KS (US)