Operating Room Installer Job Description:
Stryker Communications is growing and we want you to join our team! We have experienced tremendous sales growth and are consistently expanding into new markets. We are in need of talented Installers across the country to keep up with our increasing customer demand.
As the Operating Room Installer, the products you install will make a major impact on the way surgeons and healthcare professionals perform their jobs. You will partner with your team and Manager to ensure that Stryker's Communications (integrated operating room technology) products are installed in to best in class healthcare facilities across the US. No medical background is required – just great technical, interpersonal, and project management skills to help you thrive in the culture that Stryker provides.
You will be given autonomy and ownership of operating room (OR) construction sites where you will be one of two main points of contact for Project Managers, electricians, and construction crew members, while working hands on in installing the products on a daily basis. Strong communication and interpersonal skills are a must have, along with the ability to travel full time throughout the week (Arrive onsite Monday, leave site Friday, spending full work week in one location).
We need someone with the ability to:
- Interpret A/V system flow schematics, large scale integration, wiring, and project management.
- Adjust plans on the go to adapting to the environmental and infrastructure needs, as well as troubleshooting technical and logistics issues as they arise.
- Maintain our high quality operations. This person must be extremely detail oriented, with an eye for improving processes and controls in the field and in house as needed.
- Apply their previous hands on technical/mechanical experience in a fast paced, team oriented environment
- Teach and train equipment users, and fellow team members
We look for people who are passionate, career oriented, and focused on collaborating with internal teams/departments to promote a culture of inclusiveness and cooperation. You will be responsible to live and drive Stryker’s Values: Accountability, Integrity, People, and Performance.
This role will require someone with an incredible work ethic, who will do what it takes to get the job done – opening the OR on time so surgeons can perform life changing surgeries will depend on you!
- • Will make travel arrangements for self and possibly for other installation personnel, gather documentation and contact customer prior to every project when needed.
- • Will verify all aspects of infrastructure are in place upon arrival at site. Will work with and make suggestions to any/all contractors and customers regarding integration needs.
- • Will be required to comply with integration and documentation procedures and standards.
- Will coordinate with offsite Project Managers and engineers conveying needs/issues to ensure appropriate tests, equipment and results are obtained.
- Will submit daily reports to Project Manager, Installation Supervisor and appropriate individuals to maintain open and timely communication updates regarding integration process.
- Will communicate scope to additional installation personnel.
- Will be required to perform initial system functional checks identify problem areas and affect calibration adjustments.
- Will be required to read and understand system flow documentation and amend such documents to reflect the “as built” system.
- Will train others on operational function of installed systems.
- Must have a professional appearance while interacting with the client.
- Must supervise daily work efforts of other installations personnel and additional sub-contractors specific to achieving project completion and maintaining quality.
- Outside vendors and contractors: Must supervise work details of outside contractors to ensure quality system requirements are met.
- Is responsible for staying current on all assigned training.
- Interacts with customers with regard to post market surveillance activities.
- Other duties as assigned by Project Manager, Installation Supervisor, and Regional Integration Service Manager.
- Has the independence and authority to perform required tasks to ensure all provisions of the quality system are met.
Stryker is one of the world's leading medical technology companies and together with our customers, we are driven to make healthcare better. The Company offers a diverse array of innovative products and services in Orthopedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine, which help improve patient and hospital outcomes. Stryker is active in over 100 countries around the world and has 4,898 patents owned globally in 2015. As the technology leader in the operating room, Stryker offers comprehensive solutions to meet clinicians’ needs, including products for minimally invasive surgery. With over 27,000 employees and annual revenue of $9.9 Billion, the Stryker product line has the ability to serve a variety of needs and requirements. Stryker Corporation was named one of FORTUNE Magazine's '100 Best Companies to Work For' at #19, Named one of FORTUNE Magazine’s “Most Admired Companies”, and our Stryker Communications business was ranked by Dallas Morning News as one of the ‘Best Companies to Work for in Dallas’ coming in at #26.
The Communications Business Unit designs and delivers the Stryker iSuite, a uniquely integrated solution tailored to the needs of today’s operating rooms. Created with OR staff in mind, the iSuite provides surgical teams efficiencies that allow them to focus on patient care. With a variety of configurations to choose from, Stryker can design a suite for any OR environment.
For more information about Stryker, please visit www.stryker.com, or careers.stryker.com
Location/Region: Kansas City, MO (US)