GENERAL DESCRIPTION: To inspect, diagnose and repair all vehicles foreign and domestic. To have full knowledge of usage of scanners to diagnose and trouble shoot.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Limited to locations and Franchisee:
In some locations the diagnose technician oversees the general repair technician and their work.
- Inspect, Diagnose and Repair automotive systems.
- Diagnose and repair brake, steering and suspension, exhaust, shocks and struts, fuel, ignition, electrical, air conditioning and heating, diagnostic trouble codes, etc.
- Transmission and Engine Installation.
- Ability to continuously learn new technical information and techniques in formal training sessions in order to stay abreast with rapidly changing automotive technology.
- Maintains an organized service department work space.
- Must participate in Cottman training.
Education: ASE certifications a plus
Experience: 3 -5 years’ experience in diagnosing, problem-solving and repair experience
Skills/Knowledge: Must have a valid driver’s license, master set of tools, good communication skills and a customer-focused attitude to complement a high level of motivation and energy. Having a scanner to diagnose a plus.
Cottman was established in 1963, and over the last 50 years has continued to be a leader in transmission repair. To be a part of the Cottman family means you are a driven and high performing individual.
At Cottman, every day is unique as we work on all makes and models with each vehicle creating new and exciting challenges in diagnostics. We have a Diagnostic Technician opportunity available for the right individual to join our team.
Location/Region: Independence, MO (US)