CORRECTIONAL NURSING! Best Kept Secret in Nursing
At Employer, we do more than manage inmates, we care for people. Employer is currently seeking Registered Nurses (PRN) who have a passion for providing the highest quality care in an institutional setting. The Registered Nurse (PRN) plans and provides comprehensive nursing care including, but not limited to, executing Licensed Independent Provider’s orders, dispensing and administering medications, and assisting Licensed Independent Provider in examinations and treatment of patients. Applies nursing and supervisory techniques required in the care, treatment and referrals of inmates/residents. Performs all technical/clinical procedures within the scope of his/her education and licensure.
The successful candidate should be able to perform ALL of the following functions at a pace and level of performance consistent with the actual job performance requirements.
1. Apply appropriate nursing skills in the area and treatment of inmates/residents.
2. Attend sick call with the physician to see inmates/residents; prepare a list of inmates/residents to be examined; prepare examining room and equipment.
3. Examine and assess new inmates/residents with illnesses or injuries or inmates/residents who become ill or injured; refer inmates/residents to the emergency room or other appropriate healthcare facility as required by their condition.
4. Perform emergency procedures as needed and notify Licensed Independent Provider for treatment orders.
5. Assist in coordinating professional medical services provided by contract personnel and seeing that their needs are addressed.
More about Employer!
Headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee with over 70 facilities nationwide, Employer is the leader in partnership corrections with a growing presence in\:
Employer Safety, we operate safe, secure facilities that provide high quality services and effective reentry programs that enhance public safety.
- Employer Properties, we offer innovative and flexible real estate solutions that provide value to government and the people they serve.
- Employer Community, we deliver proven and innovative practices in settings that help people obtain employment, successful reintegrate into society and keep communities safe.
With opportunities in correctional security, education, and healthcare, Employer has a position that's perfect for you.
Each Employer facility is like a small town. Our correctional facilities feature kitchens, dining halls, places of worship, classrooms, vocational training centers, health care clinics, recreational areas, housing units, administrative offices and more. Working together, we provide hundreds of services and perform countless tasks every day. Teamwork is a way of life for Employer employees and how we are able to provide the industry's highest quality safety and security around the clock.