Planned Parenthood Great Plains seeks an Accounting Associate for this 21st Century health care provider and advocacy organization dedicated to ensuring that every individual has the knowledge, opportunity, and freedom to make informed, private decisions about their reproductive and sexual health. For over 80 years, PPGP
has been delivering high-quality, affordable, reproductive health care services. By providing health services, education, training, and advocacy, it seeks to help individuals make informed decisions about their reproductive health, family planning options, and sexuality. In order to make these ideals a reality, PPGP provides people with accurate information and access to highly trained practitioners for preventive care. PPGP sees a world in which every child is wanted and every woman is trusted to make her own decisions, every choice regarding sexuality is personal and respected, and everyone has access to affordable, quality health care.
Working closely with the other staff members in the Finance Department, the Accounting Associate is mainly responsible for daily cash receipt reconciliation, accounts receivable journal entries, A/R schedule update & reconciliation, and other basic accounting duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1.) Manage the Accounts Receivable function including:
· Daily cash receipt reconciliation from all revenue sources (clinic deposit, insurance payment, patient payment, fundraising revenue and other revenue);
· Resolve any discrepancies, working with health centers, development and billing departments;
· Ensure that all incoming payments are accounted for and in compliance with financial policies and procedures;
· Make daily deposit to bank;
· Enter A/R journal entries accurately;
· Assist the Sr. Accountant with bank reconciliation;
· Update all A/R schedules; and
· A/R reconciliation for all revenue accounts and balance sheets accounts.
2.) Prepare monthly journal entries including payroll, prepaid, liability, accrual, allocations, fixed assets, and other entries as needed.
3.) Update/reconcile prepaid and liability schedules.
4.) Assist the Sr. Accountant with month-end close and special projects as needed.
5.) Work with the Billing team to ensure accurate revenue reporting.
6.)Work with the Development department to ensure accurate revenue reporting.
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, 1 - 2 years of accounting responsibilities.
· Knowledge of GAAP
· Experience with accounting software
· Proficient with MS Excel
· Experience with non-profit and/or health care a plus
· Ability to pay close attention to detail.
· Ability to think analytically, to question and to take initiative.
· Skill in communicating clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing.
· Ability to exercise independent judgment in the performance of job assignments.
· Ability to work effectively in a team, creating collaborative relations with others.
· Proficient in use of spreadsheet software, e-mail, databases, accounting software and clinic management software.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions. Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems. Considering the relatives costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one. Ability to apply accounting principles to various bookkeeping issues including financial statement reporting, budgeting, and internal controls.
Accounting or Finance certificate preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EOE/AA—PPGP is an equal-opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace and Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran/LGBTQ inclusive.
Only those candidates including a cover letter with salary information will be considered for this position.