Cornerstone Flooring is seeking experts in Food Safety/Food Manufacturing for consultative sales role. Apply today to be part of our growing team!
Your knowledge of food safety and the RTE (ready to eat) industry coupled with strong technical sales aptitude and outstanding client relations set you apart.
You enjoy the thrill of the hunt! Utilizing your technical sales background, you thrive on finding strategic ways to position yourself as a subject matter expert with clients in the food processing, manufacturing, biotech, pharmaceutical and industrial markets. You’re motivated, resourceful, have strong initiative & a proven track record of developing NEW business.
Why Cornerstone Flooring?
Cornerstone Flooring is a leading Manufacturer and Installer of high performance, antimicrobial, industrial flooring systems. In business for 26 years, our Single Source Solution sets us apart from the competition. Our team of professionally trained technical experts and installers offer an unmatched level of quality and support to every client project. We work with Fortune companies throughout the U.S., as well as Canada & Mexico.
About the role
We’re looking for New Business Development - the focus of this role is making connections with people, both clients and internal team members. A high-energy, extroverted style plus the ability to make decisions in a fast-paced, ever changing environment is required to be successful.
The ideal candidate will be results oriented & have a technical sales background interacting with ALL levels of an organization in food processing, manufacturing and industrial environments. Seeking 5-15 years of B2B sales experience with a stable work history. Food Safety knowledge/experience is strongly preferred.
This is an outside sales role generating new business within an assigned geographic territory.
What it takes
Drive for Results
- Cold calling. Prospect for potential customers daily through a disciplined and aggressive sales call schedule.
- Focus energy on high return/profitable opportunities.
- Take initiative to work independently with end result in mind.
- Perseverance when dealing with obstacles.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, ever changing environment.
- Adept at identifying & exploiting new business relationships.
- Ability to understand, maneuver through hierarchy of larger organizations and the decision making process.
- Operate within budgetary guidelines utilizing discretion and professionalism.
- Make sound business decisions based on experience. Thorough understanding of sales process and good judgement in every unique situation.
- Use professional time and territory management techniques to meet sales quotas and facilitate annual growth of assigned territory.
- Resourceful in identifying key decision makers and building relationships.
- Skilled at overcoming barriers to decision maker.
- Understand roles of all parties involved in negotiation & their motivation, tactics, and intentions.
- Actively investigate customer needs through effective questioning & listening skills.
- Dynamic persuasion.
- Ability to effectively articulate business value to sell industrial flooring solutions based on customer environment, needs and specifications.
- Build & maintain effective relationships with customers and peers. Open communication, timely feedback, and ability to share new ways of getting things done.
- Weekly updates on territory pipeline activity to management are required.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and ability to interface with multiple levels of an organization.
- Communicate with all internal departments to ensure quality service and delivery for our customers.
- Maintain CRM database on a daily basis.
What you’ll need
- 5+ years outside sales experience penetrating RTE (ready to eat), food manufacturing, and/or industrial accounts.
- Knowledge of food safety and/or food manufacturing strongly preferred.
- Proven track record of success prospecting for NEW business.
- Technical savvy to serve as SME (subject matter expert) & also help facilitate installation side of the business.
- Ability to see projects through the entire sales cycle.
- Solid time management & organizational skills.
- Experience with MS Office suite, CRM and independent research.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience.
- Weekly overnight travel is REQUIRED, multiple state territory.
- Base salary + Bonus. First 180 days compensation at annual rate of $84k. We offer a dedicated sales territory, and you get percentage of every sale. Uncapped income!
- Medical, Dental and Vision.
- 401(k) with company match.
- Company vehicle and travel expenses paid.