PLEASE CLICK APPLY OR TEXT "JOBS" TO 561-660-9797 FROM YOUR SMARTPHONE!
The world's leading private security organization, G4S, has an immediate job opportunity for an ArmedHealthcare Security Officer. As an Armed Healthcare Security Officer, you will be responsible for the physical security of the client's hospital campus and its surrounding grounds. In this position you will perform general security duties in the protection of persons and property and the enforcement of all applicable policies, rules, and regulations of the client.
G4S is a security provider for the United States government, fortune 500 companies, nuclear power plants, oil and gas companies, airport, ports, banks, hospitals, factories, warehouses, commercial facilities, residential communities and much more.
G4S offers job security, excellent pay and benefits, and career opportunities. We offer entry level careers, management careers, sales careers and executive careers across the United States and internationally.
Specific Duties and Essential Functions
- Deter criminal activity and misconduct, investigate suspicious situations, conduct patrol tours
- Communicate by use of 2-way radios, telephones and computers
- Maintain required certifications, licensing and training to achieve professional competency as appropriate for the position
- Complete required shift logs and reports; compliance with site post orders, G4S and client policies and procedures
- Watch for irregular or unusual conditions that may create security concerns or safety hazards
- Sound alarms or call police or fire department in case of fire or presence of unauthorized persons
- Warn violators of rule infractions, such as loitering, smoking or carrying forbidden articles
- Permit authorized persons to enter property and monitors entrances and exits
- Provide assistance to customers, employees and visitors in a courteous and professional manner
- Observe departing personnel to protect against theft of company property and ensure that authorized removal of property is conducted within appropriate client requirements
The Ideal Candidate
Education, Licenses and Certifications Required
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must submit to any State-required training or other qualifications for licensing
- Must possess a current and valid driver’s license
Type and Length of Specific Experience Required
- Must possess one or more of the following:
- Service in Military Occupational Specialty related to law enforcement , security (such as Military Police, Elite Military Forces, combat arms) or any support role in a Combat zone
- Graduate of Certified Public Safety Academy (military or civilian) in the law enforcement, adult corrections, or firefighter field.
- Bachelor’s degree in law enforcement or criminal justice related studies
- A minimum of 8 or more years of active service in any military branch
- Associate’s degree (or 60 credits)or higher in law enforcement or criminal justice with current or prior active military service
- If previously employed, work history must be meaningful and verifiable
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Active listening skills
- Ability to assess and evaluate situations effectively
- Ability to identify critical issues quickly and accurately
- Attention to detail
- Must be at least 18 years old or the minimum age required by the state, if higher
- Must be a U.S. citizen or a foreign citizen authorized to legally work in the United States
- Must be able to work flexible schedules
- Must have access to reliable transportation
- Must be able to operate radio or telephone equipment and/or console monitors
- Must have demonstrated ability to interact cordially and communicate with the public
- Must submit to a pre-employment drug test
- Must submit to an extensive background check, including criminal history, personal references, employment and education verifications, and Department of Motor Vehicle and credit checks if applicable
- Must be able to provide, upon job offer, a DD214 discharge document with discharge status indicated, if prior military
Physical Requirements and Environment
Environment: Indoor and outdoor, temperature ranges from moderate to extreme cold and heat
Major activity: Walking, standing, speaking, listening, observing
Physical efforts to carry out job duties: Standing, walking, and sitting. Minimal to no stooping or kneeling.
About The Company
EOE Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
G4S is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
and an Alcohol- and Drug-Free Workplace
G4S secures people, property and assets by understanding and mitigating security risk
G4S secures your people, property and assets by understanding and mitigating security risk. We offer a suite of products and services including risk consulting and investigations, systems integration, security software and technology, and security professionals that align to deliver innovative and essential solutions that span your entire operation.
Although each G4S solution is market leading on its own, we can combine our offerings to provide a comprehensive customer experience that delivers real, sustained and measurable value. www.usajobs.g4S.com