SUMMARY OF POSITION: The District Manager is accountable for the performance of the Restaurant Management Teams in the district. The District Manager ensures that each Restaurant Management Team is performing their job responsibilities and meeting expectations in all areas of their job descriptions.
· Ensures all employees in the District are trained, motivated and empowered to deliver total Guest satisfaction.
· Evaluates each restaurant’s QSC standards. Provides regular feedback and coaching on improvement; conducts periodic inspections of the restaurant.
· Communicates all customer comments and concerns to the appropriate Restaurant Manager; follows up to ensure they are handled in a timely and effective way.
· Ensures all General Managers and GMITs receive appropriate orientation, training and development opportunities.
· Trains, coaches and provides regular performance feedback (positive and corrective) to motivate and improve the performance of all employees.
· Evaluates overall performance of General Managers and GMITs based on clearly communicated standards and expectations.
· Provides appropriate and effective counseling and/or discipline.
· Provides effective training and follow-up of new products, programs and changes.
· Actively recruits new General Managers and GMITs; ensures employees are prepared for promotion. Matches the skills and abilities of management to the needs of the restaurants to maximize results.
· Analyzes business performance; initiates appropriate corrective actions when deviations occur from financial expectations.
· Supports company-wide marketing programs; evaluates local restaurant marketing strategies developed by the Marketing Department.
· Ensures that business and personnel practices are within the law and consistent with company policies and procedures.
· Serves as a role model and sets a positive example for the entire team in all aspects of business and personnel management.
· Negotiates vendor contracts for the districts; follows company approval process for contracts.
· Upholds company food safety, food handling and sanitation requirements, to ensure the health and safety of our Guests and employees.
100% Stand or Walk (8+ hour shift)
80% Interact verbally with other restaurant positions
75% Work at Approximately 36” table/stove and reach in approximately 36”
75% Reach (6” to overhead) bend, stoop, and wipe
60% Perform job at continuous high pace, under pressure, while maintaining quality & speed standards
50% Lift and Carry sacks, boxes, product up to 50 pounds from floor to above waist level, approximately 20 feet and sometimes involving stairs
· 7-10 years previous restaurant experience required
· 3-5 years in management positions (preferably multi-unit restaurant experience including full-service, fast food or convenience).
· Financial planning aptitude including planning, budgeting, scheduling and P & L management
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITY:
· Valid Driver’s License
· Strong interpersonal skills.
· Ability to work with others as a team
· Ability to meet performance standards
· Ability to take initiative and solve problems
What more could you ask for?
· Competitive salary
· Health, Dental, Life, Disability and Vision Insurance
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Paid vacation
· Family atmosphere with a great work/life balance
· Opportunity to learn and grow
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications with the job.
Capstone Restaurant Group is a collection of affiliated companies that operates and franchise over 300+ restaurants in 16 states through a variety of brands that include Carl’s Jr, Hardee’s, Taco Bell, Dunkin Donut and Pizza Hut Express. Our focus is on Hardee’s and Carl’s Jr where we have almost 300 restaurants. We were founded in 2010 with just 40 restaurants and through a series of acquisitions and organic growth have climbed our way to the second largest franchisee in the CKE Restaurants system. Our Company is one that wants to keep pushing for the summit, pushing for the pinnacle, pushing for that next peak. Thus, the name Capstone, which means a stone fixed on top of something, typically a wall. We are always trying to reach the top. We will always push ourselves to be the best Company we can be; the best operator of restaurants in our markets and in our franchise systems. In other words, we want to be “on top”!