We are looking for a reliable, full time, Construction Project Manager to plan construction projects and oversee their progress along the way in a timely and cost-effective manner. You will be responsible for budgeting, negotiating subcontracts, organization, implementation and scheduling of multiple projects simultaneously.
- Competitive pay (based on experience)
- Full comprehensive benefits package (including health, dental, vision, life and supplemental insurances)
- 401(k) with matched contributions
- Long-term employment and growth opportunity for career-minded Project Managers
- Oversee and direct construction projects from conception to completion
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Oversee all onsite and offsite constructions to monitor compliance with building and safety regulations
- Coordinate and direct Superintendents and subcontractors
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Plan ahead to prevent problems and resolve any emerging ones
- Negotiate terms of agreements, draft contracts and obtain permits and licences
- Ensure quality construction standards and the use of proper construction techniques
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
- Ensure resource availability and allocation
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs using appropriate verification techniques
- Successfully manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors
- Proven working experience in construction management
- Advanced knowledge of construction management processes, means and methods
- Expert knowledge of building products, construction details and relevant rules, regulations and quality standards
- Understanding of all facets of the construction process
- Familiarity with construction management software packages
- Ability to plan and see the “big picture”
- Competent in conflict and crisis management
- Excellent time and project management skills
- Bachelor's degree in a related field preferred and/or 5 to 10 years of experience
Please visit our website, www.firstconstructionllc.com , to see our current, completed and future projects. If you are excited about what we do, Apply Now for immediate consideration.
Based in Lawrence, Kansas, First Management Inc. was incorporated in 1991 by Douglas J. Compton, Owner. The construction department then became First Construction, LLC in 2005. First Construction has performed nearly $245 million in greenfield site development for residential and commercial construction projects. With an additional $100 million in third-party projects including student housing, banks, restaurants, shopping centers, city/community buildings, car dealerships, hotels, medical buildings, car washes and university projects for clients such as Kansas University, Kansas State University and Benedictine College. First Construction has also been involved in many historical renovations in downtown Lawrence, where national franchises and locally based companies have become tenants.
First Construction, LLC has consistently demonstrated the ability to finish construction projects successfully, on time, and within budget. We keep the client involved and up to date on the progress of development and construction by providing detailed budgets. We strive to provide upfront and accurate construction budgets and design criteria, and then follow that process through to completion. The development team meets regularly with clients to identify and ensure all needs are met.
First Construction has continued to lead the ever-changing construction industry with innovative planning, attention to detail and a personal connection with every client.
Location/Region: Lawrence, KS (US)