This Service Strategy & Differentiation position within the Information Technology Division reports to the Vice President, Service Management. The Incumbent is responsible for developing, implementing, maintaining and managing the governance of the enterprise IT Service Strategy, IT Service Portfolio, IT Service Demand Management, and coordinating with the IT CFO for IT Service Financial management. The primary goals of the IT Service Strategy and Differentiation program are to:
1. Oversee governance of investments across the portfolio of services offered
2. Create a defined way to evaluate potentially valuable new capabilities
3. Provide IT cost clarity to clients and therefore improved management of major cost drivers
4. Support the definition and maintenance of differentiated service and cost levels as appropriate to business process needs
The Service Strategy Senior Technical Lead role is primarily technical and operational. Additionally, the role requires strong leadership and communication skills to effectively collaborate with senior business unit management in the definition, prioritization and support of key business process IT service support requirements. Responsibilities include:
• Identify services being offered and those that customers propose
• Translate business operations IT Service requirements into actionable plans, programs, projects and implementations by working closely with enterprise and application architects, delivery teams, and risk organizations
• Effectively link the enterprise's business strategy and IT Strategy to a consistent and coherent Service Strategy
• Define the long-term goals and strategy of the service organization and portfolio and define direction and strategy for IT Services
• Develop service offerings and capabilities, including differentiated levels where appropriate
• Monitor to ensure IT investments are meeting business outcomes and objectives
• Gather data on service provisioning costs and creation of a cost model
• Analyze variable cost dynamics to support differentiated service levels
• Participate in appropriate business segment development planning meetings and activities
• Facilitate timely identification, escalation, resolution, and follow-up for all outstanding risks and issues for service portfolio and demand management
• Contribute to developing, modifying and executing company policies that affect immediate operations and may also have company-wide effect.
• Regularly interact with senior management or executive levels on matters concerning several functional areas, divisions, and/or customers.
• Work verified through consultation and consensus with others rather than by formal review of superior.
• Serve as a consultant to top management in long-range company planning pertaining to new or projected areas of advancements.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or equivalent experience
• 12+ years of experience analyzing, designing, developing, and implementing IT Services, applications, and infrastructure
• 5+ years strategic leadership and relationship management experience (specifically with internal stakeholders, customers, external business partners and third-party service providers)
• Experience defining, implementing and enforcing risk-based standards, processes and procedures for IT operations
• Thorough knowledge and understanding of ITIL and IT Service Management functions and technologies, as well as the methods used in performing risk analyses and business impact analyses
• ITIL and/or IT Service Management certifications at the intermediate or expert level
• Strong oral communication and written communication skills.
• 2+ years’ experience in Service Portfolio management within an industry similar to Freddie Mac
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others. Freddie Mac is an equal opportunity and top diversity employer. EOE, M/F/D/V.