Oversee the thermoform operation while directing the overall care of the equipment.
Manage future, major repairs and improvements for the equipment. Keep activities
relating to personnel’s, training and growth in focus with the future growth of
Thermoforming Maintenance Department ideals. Provide high level technical
expertise on projects and daily operations.
• Review budget for department having knowledge of repair costs, along with work on cutting
• Keep up to date on the status and issues with the Thermoforming equipment and
• Thermoforming Group.
• Investigate equipment issues, for improving poor MEEF, while tracking the MEEF.
• Consult Thermo Maintenance Group leader, Process Group and Engineering Group on issues,
• projects and improvements, that need looked at or implemented to equipment.
• Work on the Thermoforming equipment and special projects.
• Address personnel problems and coaching employees for future growth.
• Be the higher level of troubleshooting and repair and work on the Thermoforming equipment.
• Facilitate the administrational information and training to the Thermoforming Maintenance
• Assume control of machine when a situation arises which has potential for personal injury or
• rapid deterioration of machine.
• Insure a safe and healthy work environment for department personnel.
• Oversee the maintaining of the ISO program for Thermoforming Maintenance.
• Communicate activities and pertinent information with the Leadership Group and other members of the department.
• Obtain parts on a needed basis as well as emergency cases.
• Assist in other departments as needed or requested by other department Managers or Plant Manager.
• Continue education and training to stay current with job requirements.
• Wear proper PPE for task at all times.
• Maintain your PPE and company tools.
• Maintain and enforce all HAACP, SQF, GMP, Safety rules, and department rules and guide lines.
• Thermoforming equipment specific knowledge on mechanical and electrical systems.
• Proficient troubleshooting skills.
• Proven dependability, reliable and multitasking skills.
• Excellent leadership, organizational, multitasking and communication skills.
• Excellent past work history.
• Basic computer skills.
• High school diploma / GED Equivalent required. Engineering/ technical degree preferred.
• Ability to lift up to 35 pounds
• Must be able to work around grease, oils, inks, and solvents without adverse reaction.
• Ability to climb up and down ladders.
• Must be able to stand, walk bend or stoop through an entire shift.
• Good manual dexterity of arms and fingers.
• Must have 20/20 vision with correction to be able to detect minor defects.
• Must be able to differentiate color.
Location Lawrence, KS 66049 US (Primary)
Shift Type 1st Shift Category Manufacturing Operations Career Level Supervisor Job Classification Salary Travel 0 - 10% Exemption Type Exempt Education High School or GED Salary Range