New York Air Brake
We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected class.
New York Air Brake, Kansas City Service Center performs AAR approved repair upgrade and COT&S of all AAR freight valves and peripheral devices, 26L, 30-CDW and CCB type locomotive components and systems, single car test devices, brake cylinders, and tread brakes.
We are seeking several repair technicians to join our team in Riverside, MO on first shift. The pay is 14.00 per hour, we currently work Monday-Thursday each week.
Must be capable of lifting 75 pounds with assistance
- Basic disassembly and washing of freight or locomotive valves or brake pistons.
- Identify serviceable vs. non serviceable parts.
- Operation of semi-automatic equipment, i.e. pedestal buffers, hand buffers, wash machines, ultra sonic washers.
- Handle valves, parts, tools in a safe manner.
- Proper use of power and manual tools, i.e. impact wrenches, drills, ez outs, hand tools.
- Understand and comply with all quality and safety rules, guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Good mechanical skills.
- Shop tools and Measuring devices.
- Assembly and dissembly experience with heavy industrial components
- Understanding of manufacturing safety
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following social skills:
- Communication Skills
- Managing improving processes
2-5+ years of relevant expeirence working in a heavy manufacturing facility
Must have experience with assembly
High school or equivalent
Riverside, Missouri, United States