Client Reference Code:
208486-4Sr National Sales Support Specialist
This position can be located in any Central Employer Reach Divisional office.
Employer Reach is the advertising sales division of Charter Communications, Inc. The company offers custom solutions for the modern media landscape utilizing national cable networks, internet advertising and promotional events supported by marketing, research and award-winning creative services. Employer Reach applies insightful research to understand consumer behavior and build targeted, multi-screen media plans personalized for each customer.
With offices in 41 states and 147 markets, Employer Reach covers over 27 million households throughout the country. From traditional commercial advertising to exciting new possibilities in interactive media and multi-screen solutions, Employer Reach’s consultative team brings advertisers effective, efficient ways to turn our audiences into their customers.JOB SUMMARY
Assists in translating customer advertising objectives into data driven and effective ad schedules. Integral in helping the sales team to maximize multiscreen solutions, which has a direct impact on our ability to deliver and exceed on client’s marketing and advertising expectations. Will have a passion for marketing and advertising sales and will be closely aligned with other sales team members and cross functional groups. MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Account management for National Sales Manager and the markets they are responsible for. Examples include building a client profile in CRM to inputting orders in Strata View 32, to working with internal Employer Reach departments to create schedules and book an order through the system.
- Proactively reviews client schedules/performance and provides recommendations for enhancements, including adding autofill/UD as necessary (post campaign management).
- Manages linear and digital order processing through the affiliate site, including checking inventory availability and iterative development with NCC.
- Manages revisions through the affiliate site with proper communication to NCC.
- Monitors campaigns for any needed changes (and related make goods) by liaising with the National Sales Manager, Operations and NCC.
- Exercises judgment to manage make-goods and pre-emptions by providing options to NCC to ensure that all revenue is being added back in as quickly as possible.
- Analyzes inventory reports to aid in the development of effective, executable proposals and works as a liaison between the Pricing and Planning Manager on high profile programming avails.
- Works closely with Pricing and Inventory to ensure that all inventory is used effectively and priced appropriately, and provides rate guidance to NCC when necessary for general market and political advertising.
- Investigates billing or copy issues as Tier 2 support for NCC, including reviewing unconfirmed status reports.
- Assists the NSM and DOS in providing preliminary schedule building and pricing support with the avail process.
- Reviews avails negotiated by NSM and NCC to ensure that HPOS/Sports/News events are included and inventory is available on the avail.
- Helps provide agency and client field work with presentations, including research and digital product knowledge.
- Provides reporting as necessary for appropriate NSM and NCC.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload based on sales team’s needs and internal deadlines.
- Strong written and verbal communication with internal and external customers on a daily basis.
- Knowledge of cable television, digital products, and advanced advertising products is a plus.
- Outstanding verbal, written, and interpersonal communications with overarching skill to translate data, information, and research into powerful points of view—ability to craft and tell a compelling story.
- Experience and strong knowledge of research databases, tools and applications, including (but not limited to) Nielsen, Strata, Scarborough, MRI, Kantar, BIA/Kelsey, eMarketer, and comScore are helpful.
- Familiarity with and experience in digital marketing; understanding of online campaign development, metrics, and optimization strategies.
- Ability to distinguish between clients needs, for example, ‘branding’ campaigns VS ‘call to action’ and the difference between those schedules.
- Familiarity with writing rationales and/or agency POVs (“Point of Views”).
- Ability to back-up work and have good logic to creating schedules.
- Ability to line up psychographics of client’s customer with various cable network programming.
- Clear knowledge of media terms as well as media formulas & calculation; understanding of ratings estimates.
- Team-oriented and able to work with different personalities.
- Cooperative and helpful.
- Detail-oriented, analytical-minded and eager to learn.
- Able to adapt to change, multi-task and prioritize tasks.
- Experience in computer software, including MS Office is required; experience with software similar to our sales support packages is preferred.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Proven track record writing effective reports and business correspondence.
- Experience in communicating effectively with Sales and Operations team members.
- Experience communicating and interacting with external clients.
- This position requires strong communication skills and strong attention to detail, in a faced paced sales environment.
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) in Marketing or SalesRelated Work Experience Number of Years
Experience in an Advertising Agency, Media and/or Advertising Sales team 3-5 Years
Experience in Media Sales or Buying 3-5 YearsJob Code :
SSU310 Sr National Sales Support Spec Exempt