Description Accountemps is looking for dynamic and experienced Accounts Payable Clerk to join our client’s growing accounting team. As the Accounts Payable Clerk, you will enter large volumes of information into Microsoft Excel and ERP systems and databases, and you will handle additional accounting and finance support functions. You will match and batch code, resolve A/P issues, process expense reports, update and reconcile sub-ledger to G/L, and process checks. This long term temporary-to-fulltime Accounts Payable position is in Kansas City, KS.
Obtain approval for payment on invoices when needed.
Communicate with vendors regarding outstanding credit balances.
Run processes within accounting system prior to printing checks.
Review Unpaid Voucher log for accuracy prior to printing checks.
Scan all voucher documents, index them and attached them in imaging system
Process Void/Stop Payments on checks and reissuing as needed.
Serve as back - up for the other positions in accounts payable as needed.
Respond to phone inquiries and emails from individuals regarding payments, purchasing cards, and budget issues.
*To be immediately considered for this Accounts Payable opportunity, please email an updated resume in Microsoft Word format to Deitra McGaughy-Conley at [email protected] * Requirements • BS degree in Accounting, Business or similar preferred, but not required
• 2+ years of experience in an A/P role preferred
• Experience in the construction and/or real-estate industry is highly preferred
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel
• Highly organized, detail oriented, have a sense of urgency, flexible and able to deal with frequent interruptions and changing priorities
• Strong communication, customer service and interpersonal skills, especially with both technical and financial backgrounds Accountemps matches highly skilled professionals with accounting finance jobs at the best companies on a temporary and temporary-to-hire basis. Our mission is to provide you with a rewarding finance or accounting job that is well matched to your professional skills – helping you to advance in your career. Our experience, combined with the resources of our worldwide network of offices, makes Accountemps a great resource for your career. We offer excellent opportunities to find temporary accounting and finance jobs for all experience levels. From accounting clerks and bookkeepers to accounts payable and staff accountants, we can provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. But don’t take our word for it. Our company once again was named first in our industry on Fortune® magazine’s list of “World’s Most Admired Companies” (March 1, 2017), and 9 out of 10 of our customers would recommend our service to a colleague.
Contact your local Accountemps office at 888.670.5403 or visit www.accountemps.com to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.