Kansas City, KS
**SAILS Group Inc. (Supported And Independent Living Services)** Founded in 1996, provides a continuum of behavioral support services to children and adults with specials needs/developmental disabilities. The SAILS Group administrates Behavioral Day Programs and Community-based Residential Care Facilities throughout California and in Kansas. As a provider and employer of choice, The SAILS Group has a proven track record with supporting special needs populations and we are looking for those unique individuals who are interested and committed to supporting these special needs populations.# Job Description and Duties:
Every person benefits from the support of others, and we are looking for a very special person to support individuals with autism and other developmental disabilities. As a Direct Support Professional (DSP) with The SAILS Group you will be one of those special persons. DSPs are the link to the community for those they serve.
* Care for essential needs of residents, including meal preparation, recreational programming, community access, and activity participation.
* Implementation of all Behavior Support and Skill Program Plans as written, maintain client records, data tracking and documentation as required.
* Ability to provide physical assistance to clients as needed to follow through on Behavioral Intervention and Care Plans, including emergency interventions as instructed in Crisis Prevention Intervention.
* Supervise and participate in program activities with individuals and groups.
* Attend staff meetings and clinical trainings.
* DSPs will drive clients to and from programs, schools and appointments as needed (mileage reimbursed).
* DSPs support therapeutic and behavioral plans in partnership with clinical staff to enhance the quality of life for those we support.# Job Qualifications :
* Must be at least 18 years of age.
* Possess High School Diploma or equivalent
* Hold a valid Driver's License in good standing; with insurance
* Applicant must be certified in First Aid and CPR before first day of employment
* Must pass DOJ fingerprint clearance and background check
**Shifts Available:** Afternoons and Evenings, Overnights, and Weekends
**Salary:** $9.50 to $10.50 /hour## Required education:
* High school or equivalent