Driven by our goal oriented team of service experts, the Microbiology Division (MBD) is a trusted supplier of a broad range of high quality media and diagnostic products used in clinical, industrial, research, and academic laboratories. For over 30 years, the group consisting of over 2,000 employees has been highly dedicated to microbiology and provided superior product performance and expert, responsive customer support to laboratories nationwide.
The Sales Operations Manager is responsible for the development, improvement, execution, tracking, and adoption of sales business systems, processes, training, and data. This position works closely with members of the Sales Leadership, Commercial, Finance, IT, Production, and Marketing functions and serves as a hub for information to assist in making decisions that help drive our business forward in a continuous improvement environment. The Sales Operations Manager is also the senior leader overseeing the Contracts and Inside Sales teams to ensure realization of business critical objectives.
- Perform comprehensive reporting and performance tracking through various systems for all aspects of the sales department across a variety of key performance metrics including order, revenue, average sale, performance against goal, and performance by product line and/or account, on a monthly basis.
- Assist in the development of the annual Sales plan, and tracking performance against the plan on a monthly basis.
- Prepare forecasts, including significant input into strategic planning and the direction of the business. Complete the roll-up of sales forecasts from each manager on a weekly basis, and produce additional analytics and measurements.
- Implement and enforce processes and tools that will maintain integrity and accuracy of CRM data.
- Deliver systems and process reinforcement to the new hires within the sales department and manage on-going CRM usability and efficiency training as needed.
- Administer the onboarding training curriculum for new hires.
- Develop, administer and communicate commission plans for all commission-eligible employees, and SPIFF development and tracking. Special incentive programs are run regularly.
- Participate in the compensation council to interpret, making changes, additions, and/or exceptions to the commission plans as necessary.
- Establish processes to help all commercial operations yield productivity improvements.
- Oversee the Inside Sales organization to ensure the effective development and execution of sales strategies.
- Manage personnel reporting to the position to effectively develop, recruit, train, evaluate, motivate, delegate and monitor their work as it relates to achieving business goals.
- Serve as a sounding board for sales management to identify creative solutions to new problems and improve the business performance by increasing business intelligence.
- Maintain regular interaction with business leadership, balancing a drive for accountability to plans and/or projects, while maintaining effective business relationships.
- Oversee and drive commercial territory alignment projects.
- Supports, embraces and promotes the Thermo Fisher 4 I valves – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement.
- Champion continuous improvement utilizing the PPI methodology to drive team improvement projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business Administration or related field
- 3+ years’ experience in Sales Operations
- Prior leadership and people management experience
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- Demonstrated understanding of standard business practices related to sales operations processes and systems (sales cycle, CRM applications, reporting, forecasting, territory management, and sales quotas.)
- Demonstrated success through the use of analytical tools and databases
- Strong process orientation and a metrics driven approach to sales management
- Effective communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to collaborate with various levels and functions within the organization
- Ability to work in a matrix, global environment
- Understanding of continuous improvement process concepts (PPI, Lean, Six Sigma)
- Domestic and International Sales Operations experience
- Field sales experience
- Training experience
- Project management experience
This position is not approved for Relocation Assistance.
At Employer, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today Employer
style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 11px;"> Employer is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.