Description Robert Half Accountemps is looking for an experienced Accounting Clerk. In this role, you will match invoices to purchase orders and/or vouchers, enter data and assist with Accounts Payable (A/P) and Accounts Receivable (A/R) processes. This dynamic team environment offers advantages such as a great work space/office, terrific benefits, and excellent opportunities for career advancement. This full-time role is for an Accounting Clerk in the Overland Park, Kansas, area.
Major responsibilities Include:
- Make sure all transaction documents are correct, which may require revising other documents or entries and may initiate other actions
- Use manual or electronic methods to add financial information to journals, registers, and ledgers
- Perform general accounting and administration tasks, such as G/L account reconciliation and month-end closing, and other ad hoc projects
- Assist with other related duties and special projects as assigned
- Assist accounts payable with vendor invoices and disbursement filing and with A/P invoice matching filing
- Assist Accounts Receivable with processing daily invoices/credit, applying cash receipts, and collecting past due balances
- Monitor budgets and originate or verify adjustments and transfers to assist in budgetary control
- Resolve discrepancies by examining possible sources of disagreement, recreating likely actions, and identifying the effect on other accounts; generate correction documents as required
- Utilize a number of sources to create statements and reports
- Use knowledge of expenditure codes and accounting codes to accurately code documents
If you are interested, and immediately available, please send your updated resume to [email protected] Requirements - Familiarity with month end closings
- Journal entries experience
- Account reconciliation experience desired
- Knowledge of Excel and SAP
- AA or BS/BA in Accounting preferred
- Entry-level applicants encouraged to apply
- Ability to multitask efficiently and prioritize work
- Accurate, swift, data entry abilities Accountemps matches highly skilled professionals with accounting finance jobs at the best companies on a temporary and temporary-to-hire basis. Our mission is to provide you with a rewarding finance or accounting job that is well matched to your professional skills – helping you to advance in your career. Our experience, combined with the resources of our worldwide network of offices, makes Accountemps a great resource for your career. We offer excellent opportunities to find temporary accounting and finance jobs for all experience levels. From accounting clerks and bookkeepers to accounts payable and staff accountants, we can provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. But don’t take our word for it. Our company once again was named first in our industry on Fortune® magazine’s list of “World’s Most Admired Companies” (March 1, 2017), and 9 out of 10 of our customers would recommend our service to a colleague.
Contact your local Accountemps office at 888.670.5403 or visit www.accountemps.com to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
Location/Region: Overland Park, KS (US)