FHLBank Topeka's products, services and programs help our member banks provide affordable credit and support housing and community development efforts.
We are accepting resumes for the position listed below.Building Services Technician
The individual in this position assesses the building daily to provide a safe, highly effective work environment that supports our business at FHLBank Topeka. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Inspecting the building and other structures to determine proper system functionality and detect malfunctions and needed repair.
- Performing minor electrical, plumbing and HVAC maintenance.
- Performing minor painting, carpentry and masonry work.
- Re-configuring, installing, positioning, and remounting modular offices and space to accommodate user needs and maximize office space using various hand, power and specialty tools, dollies and hand trucks.
- Ensuring cleanliness of parking lots, driveways, mechanical rooms and other work areas.
- Performing minor grounds maintenance (e.g. mowing, trimming, pruning, etc.).
Associates degree in related field, certificate in trade school or equivalent work experience related to facilities and/or maintenance is required.
- Three to five years of related experience is required.
- Must be able to effectively communicate (oral and written) with all employees, contractors and vendors.
- Must be a team player. Must be able to work independently without direct supervision.
- Must be able to utilize/view a PC and/or monitor.
- Must have a valid Driver's License. Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to solve problems with a memory for details.
In addition to a rewarding, team-oriented work environment, FHLBank Topeka offers opportunities for growth and development, an attractive benefit package including health and dental insurance, 401(k), short-term incentive plan, student loan repayment assistance and much more.
To see a more detailed job summary and apply for this position, go to the Bank website at www.fhlbtopeka.com/careers.