- BS/BA Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or Information Technology Field.
- Senior J2EE Application Developer with minimum 6+ years relevant work experience, not including formal education.
- Must be certified as Sun Certified Java Programmer. If not, must obtain within 30 days of start date.
- Works with business analysts and subject matter experts to understand and document business requirements.
- Design and document technical solutions to business problems.
- Create prototypes to validate requirements.
- Design and document technical solutions to business problems
- Analyze requirements and propose changes to data model as required by design.
- Construct browser-based web applications using Java/J2EE using frameworks and technologies listed below.
- Develop comprehensive automated unit tests for all software developed.
- Respond to problems by researching issues and developing solution to the problems.
- Use government-approved tools for development, problem tracking, and status reporting.
- Mentor and provide leadership to junior team members as requested
Instructions to Candidate: Fill out the matrix below indicating the date you started using this skill, the date you last used this skill and a self-evaluation of your rating in this skill area using the legend at the bottom of the table.
Required Core Skills: Skill SetStart
Document requirements specifications including use case narratives
Logical Data Modeling
Object Oriented Design techniques, design patterns
Eclipse (or comparable IDE)
Java Server Pages (JSP)
HTML web page design using CSS
Java Standard Tag Library (JSTL)
Spring 2.x or 3.x
Relational Databases & SQL programming
Automated unit test creation (JUnit)
Ability to work independently and as a team member
Effective communication (verbal and written) in English
Rating Legend: 0= none; 1=training; 2= some exposure; 3= working knowledge; 4=proficient; 5=expert
Preferred Additional Skills: Skill SetStart
Web Service development (SOAP, WSDL)
Accessibility (Section 508) standards and techniques
XML (Schemas, parsing, etc.)
JBoss 5 Application Server
Microsoft Office Word/Excel/Visio
Change management tracking tools, JIRA, Clear Quest, HP Quality Center
Experience developing and executing test plans/cases
Experience writing user manuals and training material