As a leading worldwide provider of navigation devices and wearable technology, our focus is on developing, designing and supporting superior products. Our advanced technology promotes performance, safety and ease of use in every market we serve. That makes us an engineering and technology company with a keen focus on recruiting talent in those fields. But the same vertical integration business model that keeps all design and manufacturing processes in-house also gives us the incentive to hire top performers from different backgrounds, including operations, finance and accounting, information technology, sales, marketing and communications.
Our sales and marketing teams talk the talk and walk the walk, marketing hundreds of products worldwide for consumer, business and military applications. Our highly-motivated sales professionals not only initiate new relationships, but also maintain positive rapport with established dealers. Our marketing teams support the sales teams, ensuring quality marketing materials are initiated, scheduled, produced, documented and archived. If marketing and selling a quality product at an affordable price is in your plan, then let’s strategize.
We are seeking a Director, Airline Sales & Business Development for our headquarters in greater Kansas City. In this role you will develop relationships with key airline and airline OEM personnel globally, and focus on Garmin’s business growth with the Air Carrier segment of Aviation.
- Direct and oversee the Aviation Business Segment’s growth into this emerging market for Garmin, while providing strategic recommendations for continuous growth and improvementWork diligently and aggressively to proactively uncover, develop and cultivate opportunities by meeting with, and presenting Garmin’s products and services to potential customers
- Build strong and long-lasting relationships with key individuals within this customer base
- Create high-quality, solicited and unsolicited proposals for potential customers within the Air Carrier market
- Act as the primary point of contact for all Air Carrier projects and opportunities, managing all facets of the internal and external project life cycle
- Create positive awareness among Air Carriers regarding Garmin’s products and solutions
- Represent Garmin at industry functions and trade shows
- Act as a voice of Garmin Aviation and provide input to other internal departments to promote advocacy of the Aviation segment’s continued success
- Develop well-organized and informative product presentations and business proposalsLead program and contract negotiations with key Air Carrier partners
- Plan resource requirements/develop a comprehensive recruiting plan for the team
- Analyze and report on projects, create action plans that ensure goals are met
- Develop and adhere to the annual expense budget for the department
- Train and coach team on air carrier business development and strategy
Qualified candidates will possess a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year college or university in Marketing, Business, Engineering or Finance OR a field relevant for successful performance of the essential functions of this job description.
- Must possess a minimum of 7 years’ experience selling and business development to the Air Carrier industry, or relevant airline knowledge or experience
- Demonstrated leadership skills and competencies
- Established key personal relationships with Airlines and Air Carrier OEM’sMust possess a solid understanding of the Air Carrier proposal and sales process, including support services, warranty, spares sales and spares pools, etc. – encompassing all the avionics and avionics related system needs of airlines and OEM’s
- Must possess demonstrated effective presentation skills and public speaking ability
- Demonstrated strong and effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Must demonstrate a proven track record in meeting and achieving objectives
- Driven problem solver with proven success in solving difficult problems
- Must possess knowledge of airline contract documents and concepts
- Superior organizational and analytical skills with keen attention to detail and quality
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a flexible, fast paced and challenging environment
- Must be team and detail oriented, possess a positive attitude, and a strong passion and enthusiasm for customer satisfaction
- Must possess excellent proofreading skills
Experience with the following is preferred:
- Experience with, and understanding of Air Carrier avionics products, systems and initiativesPrivate Pilot’s license, Instrument Rating a plus
- Demonstrated operational knowledge of Garmin products General understanding of the avionics competitive landscape, products and systems
Salary Range: Neg-Neg Relocation: Travel: Job Ident #: