As a leading worldwide provider of navigation devices and wearable technology, our focus is on developing, designing and supporting superior products. Our advanced technology promotes performance, safety and ease of use in every market we serve. That makes us an engineering and technology company with a keen focus on recruiting talent in those fields. But the same vertical integration business model that keeps all design and manufacturing processes in-house also gives us the incentive to hire top performers from different backgrounds, including operations, finance and accounting, information technology, sales, marketing and communications.
Whether you love conception, development, installation or compliance, our systems engineers enjoy the flexibility of a multi-faceted job that allows them to have a hand in creating sophisticated, state-of-the-art avionics. Our detail-oriented systems engineers create, gather and document customer and regulatory documents and then support them through installation and certification in the aircraft, ensuring strict compliance with all applicable rules and regulations. While we strive for continual innovation, we ensure our combination of performance, safety, quality, value, innovation and ease of operation give our pilots an unwavering level of confidence when they’re up in the air.
If you think you have what it takes, apply for our full time Aviation Systems Engineer 2 opportunity at our headquarters in Olathe, KS. Garmin Aviation Systems Engineers support successful conception, development, and/or application of sophisticated avionics systems by creating, identifying, documenting, and coordinating customer and regulatory system requirements and scalable system design for integrated flight deck programs and/or retrofit product lines. Other essential functions include:
- Identifies, documents, and coordinates technical aspects for development of new interfaces / functionality or changes to existing complex system functionality in order to support market-driven or specific customer requirements
- Creates system requirements, supporting rationale, technical description documentation, and performs limited trade-off analysis for derivative/delta functionality, following requirements standards and best-practices
- Coordinates implementation details for program-specific execution of system-level processes, recommends improvements to processes and evaluates new options for similar technology
- Allocates system-level requirements across multiple sub-systems or to HW/SW, and may also define verification methods
- May provide support for tool definition, development, and/or maintenance
- May generate bench test plans/procedures for select interfaces or functionality, and execute these procedures
- Leverages advanced troubleshooting skills to provide assistance with troubleshooting equipment in the field, including identifying technical root cause and suggesting corrective action for given problems using sound problem solving techniques
- With some guidance, coordinates technical roadmaps
Qualified candidate possess a Bachelor’s of Science Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Math, or Physics from a four-year college or university AND a minimum of 2 year relevant experience OR an equivalent combination of education and experience to includes aviation systems integration, aviation systems safety and aviation systems requirements. Other requirements include:
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge in one or more of the following technical areas:
- Systems Integration
- System Safety
- System Requirements
- Demonstrates advanced troubleshooting skills
- Driven problem solver with proven success in solving difficult problems
Our benefits are designed to lead an evolving marketplace, support innovation and encourage a healthy balance between work and life. They allow our associates to make their own decisions about their wellbeing and future and consistently rank Garmin as a top tier benefits provider when compared to other high-tech employers. We offer a choice of high value medical, dental and vision plans with low or no premiums, to fit your and your family’s preferences. In addition, Garmin’s financial benefits include a generous 401K retirement plan that provides 5% of pay base contribution plus a match of 75 cents for every dollar you contribute to a maximum of 10% of your compensation. The employee stock purchase plan allows for shares to be bought at a 15% discount. Garmin offers many other benefits and perks ranging from wellbeing initiatives, educational assistance and career development, community charity support, and employee discounts just to name a few.
EEO/AA/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans Salary Range: Neg-Neg Relocation: Travel: Job Ident #: 1700094